Revolution at Manchester Velodrome

Old November 30th 03, 10:53 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Revolution at Manchester Velodrome

Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good fun, good
cycling. David Millar signed the family Randonee du Centennaire shirts.
Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats right next to the finish line.
Excellent way to spend an evening.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 30th 03, 11:03 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It was
appalling! The number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not just
a sneak through on amber, but a full-blown running red lights at speed was
noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air yesterday - as it was much
worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

Old November 30th 03, 12:57 PM
Selwonk

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It

was
appalling! The number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not

just
a sneak through on amber, but a full-blown running red lights at speed was
noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air yesterday - as it was

much
worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

Enough about the cars already

Old November 30th 03, 01:15 PM
Tony Raven

Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good fun, good
cycling. David Millar signed the family Randonee du Centennaire shirts.
Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats right next to the finish
line. Excellent way to spend an evening.

Long way to go for an evening

Tony

Old November 30th 03, 01:16 PM
Tony Raven

The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It
was appalling! The number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing.
Not just a sneak through on amber, but a full-blown running red lights at
speed was noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air yesterday - as
it was much worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

Country folk go up to the big city ;-)

Tony

Old November 30th 03, 02:40 PM
MSeries

Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good
fun, good cycling. David Millar signed the family Randonee du
Centennaire shirts. Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats
right next to the finish line. Excellent way to spend an evening.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Was Obree there ? Was it packed out ? Did you get tickets in advance ?

I was thinking about going, the velodrome is a 45 min drive from my house,
but Mrs Series wasn't too keen even though she used to like the track
cycling and I didn't really fancy it on my own.

Old November 30th 03, 03:06 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Was Obree there ?

Not that I could see

Was it packed out ?

Very full

Did you get tickets in advance ?

Yes

I was thinking about going, the velodrome is a 45 min drive from my house,
but Mrs Series wasn't too keen even though she used to like the track
cycling and I didn't really fancy it on my own.

It was a good evening. Vernon, Nathan & I all enjoyed the cycling.

Old November 30th 03, 03:14 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Long way to go for an evening

Tony

Went for the day. Nathan joined in with the Eastlands Velo session earlier -
getting some track training in. Have to say that club is *excellent* at letting
him join in. Which is great, as we don't have such a facility where we are. So
a distinct *thank you* to Eastlands Velo. Nathan had a bad sessin though - he
came off at one point by pulling his foot out of the pedal, unintentionally, as
he was pedalling so hard. He came off and the boy behind him couldn't avoid
him, so two of them came down. Both were just a bit bruised, nothing serious.
Nathan was very cross with himself though!

Old November 30th 03, 11:36 PM
Martyn Bolt

My tribe also enjoyed the track meet, wide and 3 from 7-14 all very
complimentary.

To be in the presence of such greatness was fantastic.

I just wish I had known at the time that we were in the same seating
block as helen.

We were slightly higher up, having opted for the empty press seats,
which gave us a table for the reasonably priced munchies.

As Arnie said, " I'll be back", or was that some other pseudo
American?

Martyn
Old December 1st 03, 08:42 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

To be in the presence of such greatness was fantastic.

I just wish I had known at the time that we were in the same seating
block as helen.

How nice of you to say so, but (blush), I don't think I'm *that* great. Oh, you
mean that isn't what you meant? ;-)