color match

Old December 4th 04, 07:42 AM
jim beam

Default color match

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

thanks!

Old December 4th 04, 09:24 AM
Mark D

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

Old December 4th 04, 09:43 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

jim beam wrote:
anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color?
need to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

Save up some snot?

(Or is that just Sycip? sp?)

?,

--
BS (no, really)

Old December 5th 04, 01:25 AM
Partly Animal

I took my Bianchi to my local automotive paint store who were able to do a
custom match. Didn't cost all that much.

Old December 5th 04, 05:02 AM
jim beam

Mark D wrote:
Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

who'd a thunk it? thanks mark!

Old December 5th 04, 10:37 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Mark D wrote:

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

But they have also changed the exact shade several times in the past (or
maybe it's just duff quality control)...
Old December 5th 04, 03:02 PM
Tom Sherman

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

The paint used on the interior of swimming pools is a close match.

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

Old December 6th 04, 12:34 AM
A Muzi

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

Is that a for a recent/current Nuovo Celeste Bianchi? You
can just buy a small bottle of touchup an any Bianchi dealer
or get Bianchi's exceptional 2-can spray paint kit ( green
base with pearl blue clear topcoat).

If it's older, the color has been greener (80s), greyer
(60s),bluer (70s) over time at various Bianchi factories.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old December 6th 04, 03:38 AM
A Muzi

jim beam wrote:

anyone ever mixed paint to aproximate for bianchi's celeste color? need
to do some touchup work. doesn't need to be exact.

I wrote you but your email has changed. Write me please.

Old December 6th 04, 03:41 AM
A Muzi

Mark D wrote:

Hi, Bianchi Does sell Celeste touch up paint from thier website. In
fact, this is the only color they sell. Can't remember the URl, but
it's probably www.bianchi.com Mark

Pretty close. It's-
http://www.bianchiusa.com/