how much wider is sidi MEGA dominator/genius?

Old July 20th 03, 11:30 PM
ari

Default how much wider is sidi MEGA dominator/genius?

I tried on some sidi dominator 4 and the feel a little narrow in the
forefoot. Sidi makes a wider width called mega dominator but no local places
have it. Does anyone know how the mega is wider? I can live with the fit as
it is now, so is it preferred to have a tighter fit in cycling shoes?

Old July 21st 03, 04:08 AM
Tom Paterson

From: "ari"

I tried on some sidi dominator 4 and the feel a little narrow in the

forefoot.

Does anyone know how the mega is wider?

I can live with the fit as
it is now, so is it preferred to have a tighter fit in cycling shoes?

Sidi half sizes are wider than the full sizes below (45 1/2 is wider than 45).
The Mega (road) I tried on was very wide and very loose in the heel for me, at
approx. the right length, not a usable fit at all. I have a wide foot, @ EEE, a
45 1/2 Genius III and Genius IV fit well, I "outgrew" my 45's.

You really need to try on the pair of shoes you intend to wear. Don't settle
for snug or slightly short, this can lead to foot problems that can't really be
fixed. The old "snug fit" is a leftover from the days of stretchy leather
cycling shoes that would "mold" to a rider's foot. If the synthetics stretch,
they don't seem to stretch as much. Some folks disagree on this.

I run mine loose in the toes (width) and a little snug around the ankle (the
Sidi strap works great for this) to keep the foot from diving in to where the
big toe hits the end of the shoe. Works with my tender feet.
--Tom Paterson

Old July 21st 03, 02:35 PM
Peter Cole

"ari" wrote in message
.. .
I tried on some sidi dominator 4 and the feel a little narrow in the
forefoot. Sidi makes a wider width called mega dominator but no local places
have it. Does anyone know how the mega is wider? I can live with the fit as
it is now, so is it preferred to have a tighter fit in cycling shoes?

The mega is wider all-over (toe, arch, heel). It is significantly wider than
the normal model in the same size.

Narrow shoes can become painful after some length of time, or under some
conditions (like heat, when your feet may swell). They also are a problem in
colder weather since thicker socks only make them tighter (and your feet
colder). No good at all for long rides. Sidi "Lorica" shoes don't stretch, so
they won't get better with age.

Old July 22nd 03, 02:47 AM
NeauDL

I think the mega width is 3 mm wider than the the regular width. The half
sizes have more volume in the forefoot but are made on the same last, i. e.
same length and width, as the whole sizes. You can read about this on the
sidiusa.com website. I think this means you could fill the shoes with more
insoles if you wanted to. My foot is wide and I like my megas. I find the
Specialized road shoe (top of the line model) has a wide, boxy toe which fits
just as well as the mega.

L. D. Lide