People are so nice when....

Old November 21st 04, 04:32 AM
qtq

Default People are so nice when....

Stuart Lamble wrote:
Another effort I remember: travelling east along North Road, just shy

of
Princes Highway, a bus passed me, at a relative speed of around 30

kph
(at a guess). I swear that there were about two feet between it and

me.
_That_ was unnerving.

Wuss.

My unnerving tale from yesterday comes from Sydney Airport; my cycling
partner declined to take General Holmes Dr with me (it's a tunnel under
the runway, for those not familiar with the Sydney Airport area).
Thus, we had to merge onto Southern Cross Dr citybound (this is a 80/90
km/h rd) from the right. Thankfully, the road forked (into
airport-bound and citybound traffic) just before the merge, and there
wasn't any traffic behind us, so we found a gap and crossed into the
left lane.

I don't think I'm ever going to attempt that again. Next time, I'm
taking the (500m longer) bike path.

-A

Old November 21st 04, 04:35 AM
qtq

Stuart Lamble wrote:
[...]

Want your dream bike? follow these simple steps! [email protected] General 6 March 8th 05 07:07 PM
Next Australian PM Next PM Australia 3 August 24th 04 11:04 AM
Michael Moore Steve Racing 19 July 4th 04 09:20 PM
It's nice to read about the ride to work people Burr General 5 August 17th 03 04:07 PM