Consequences for bicyclist doing 23 kph over limit in VIC?

Old October 20th 03, 03:10 AM
Tim Jones

Default Consequences for bicyclist doing 23 kph over limit in VIC?

"hippy" wrote in message
"Tim Jones" wrote in message
. au...
I surprised myself by getting up to 55km/h on the flat along Barkers

rd Kew
(on my MTB with knobblies, and a backpack with clothes and laptop).

Couldn't
continue going fast as the cars started to get in my way!

Barkers Rd. isn't really flat though is it?
AFAIK it has quite a few hills..?

There is a couple of hundred metres of flat (at least it looks flat
there...) between power st and where it hits the hill towards the yarra.

It was enough room to push off from power st lights and accelerate.

Anyone have any idea why they have scrubbed out the cycling lane markings in
that stretch of road?

It'd be pretty hard to find a long, flat stretch of
road that isn't greatly affected by wind in any
direction... anyone know of any? We can use it
to start the aus.bicycle land speed record
attempts...

The east malvern salt flats?

;-)

Tim

Old October 30th 03, 08:55 AM
Server

Maybe I wasn't very clear. When I said 60-70 I'm talking about a balls-out
sprint, with possible vomiting to follow :-)

Slight downhill and slight tailwind included. If you'd said 60-65 I'd
have believed you.
Mark Lee
Old October 30th 03, 02:05 PM
Toby Ponsenby

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:46:39 GMT, Server spake thussly:

Remove your quakinq hands
from your dragster's brake levers, Alan and say goodbye to the smell of
melting brake blocks.
Mark Lee

I'm sure there's another err... more embarrassing smell that will take its
place just at that roundabout - if some dickhead driving a big blue thing
with a white roof doesn't ruin his day first.
--
Toby

quidquid latine dictum
sit, altum viditur