Fender mounted TAIL light

Old November 22nd 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Default Fender mounted TAIL light

Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

http://www.velo-orange.com/spspfeta.html

but they are a white light with a reflector underneath. I don't want a
white light. I am not backing up.
Old November 22nd 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

The LED looks clear, but glows red. Busch & Müller makes a bunch of
really nice tail lights. I got the 4D-Lite Plus because it has 4 LEDs,
but it requires a dynamo hub and does not take batteries. If you want
a battery powered one, look at the Spanninga SPXb, as it is the only
fender mounted taillight which is battery powered that I can think of.
Any number of other battery blinkers can be mounted to fenders, but
they require modification.

Check out:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights.asp
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights-bat.asp

Chris
Old November 22nd 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

http://www.velo-orange.com/spspfeta.html

but they are a white light with a reflector underneath. I don't want a
white light. I am not backing up.

I would be very, very surprised if that were not a red LED under that
clear lens. There's no real reason to cover a colored LED with a
colored lens; if the spectra of the LED and filter didn't match well,
then the lens would remove a lot of light that doesn't have to be
removed.

Chalo
Old November 22nd 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Chris wrote:
The LED looks clear, but glows red. Busch & Müller makes a bunch of
really nice tail lights. I got the 4D-Lite Plus because it has 4 LEDs,
but it requires a dynamo hub and does not take batteries. If you want
a battery powered one, look at the Spanninga SPXb, as it is the only
fender mounted taillight which is battery powered that I can think of.
Any number of other battery blinkers can be mounted to fenders, but
they require modification.

Check out:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights.asp
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights-bat.asp

Chris

The only one he offers designed for a fender mount is the Spanninga.
Old November 22nd 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Chalo wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

http://www.velo-orange.com/spspfeta.html

but they are a white light with a reflector underneath. I don't want a
white light. I am not backing up.

I would be very, very surprised if that were not a red LED under that
clear lens. There's no real reason to cover a colored LED with a
colored lens; if the spectra of the LED and filter didn't match well,
then the lens would remove a lot of light that doesn't have to be
removed.

Chalo

That makes sense. I'll email Peter White or Velo Orange to be sure.
Old November 22nd 08, 07:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chris[_12_]

On Nov 21, 11:06*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
The only one he offers designed for a fender mount is the Spanninga.

The 4D-Lite Plus is fender mounted, as is the Seculite Plus. I
reitterrate, the Spanninga has a red LED. It's the lens which is
white. We have them in the shop I work at on all our bikes.

Chris

Old November 22nd 08, 08:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

http://www.velo-orange.com/spspfeta.html

but they are a white light with a reflector underneath. I don't want a
white light. I am not backing up.

It meets German requirements so you can rest assured that the light is
red and it won't flash

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl
Old November 22nd 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Nov 21, 11:08*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

http://www.velo-orange.com/spspfeta.html

but they are a white light with a reflector underneath. I don't want a
white light. I am not backing up.

That's a red LED and a ubiquitous tail light overseas.
Old November 24th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
philcycles[_2_]

On Nov 21, 9:08 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
Does anyone make a RED tail light designed to fit onto a rear fender?
The only fender mounted light I found was

Any light with a screw mount can be mounted on a fender. I've had
fender mounts for years. Just drill a hole in the fender.
Phil Brown