Moderated Forums

Old November 22nd 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Chris[_12_]

Default Moderated Forums

Case in... Point?

This is either comedy, or hypocracy at it's finest.

Chris
Old November 22nd 08, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Keats

In article ,
Chris writes:
Case in... Point?

This is either comedy, or hypocracy at it's finest.

Ed is a consummate satirist.

We Usenet posters are the comedians; we just
provide the material for him.

The more seriously we take our idle yakk (especially
if it's opinionated or hypocritical,) the better
the material.

Consider those times at your place of work when
you're stuck with some especially skill-demanding task
and you're suddenly surrounded by kibbitzers and armchair
critics who think they know everything, give you tons of
"advice," and don't have to take responsibility for the
outcome of what you're trying to accomplish.

Kibbitzers & armchair critics need a good kick in
the ass, or sumpthin' -- if not to smarten them up,
at least to get 'em to back off and let a person do
his/her thing in peace.

Ed is our Quality Control guy. I guess the upmarket term
is now Quality Assurance. Or Paradigm something-or-other.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old November 23rd 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 22, 9:34*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

Ed is our Quality Control guy. *I guess the upmarket term
is now Quality Assurance. *Or Paradigm something-or-other.

The Rat is The Paradigm. -- Andre Jute
Old November 23rd 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Keats

In article ,
Andre Jute writes:
On Nov 22, 9:34*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
Ed is our Quality Control guy. *I guess the upmarket term
is now Quality Assurance. *Or Paradigm something-or-other.

The Rat is The Paradigm. -- Andre Jute

That would make a good title for a King Krimson tune.

Speaking of which, you know those summer days when you've
got a big, big, blue sky overhead, and everything is warm
and wonderful? I bet King Krimson's "The Sheltering Sky"
from their album: Discipline, would make a good riding tune.
I'd sandwich it between Psycho Killer, and No Compassion from
the Talking Heads' '77 album. Maybe also throw in Alice
Cooper's: Lost in America, which is so latter-day rockabilly.

Hoo boy, do I ever destest these colder months. And it's
gonna get worse before it gets better.

Oh, well.

cheers,
Tom

--
"'Confusion' shall be my epitaph"
Old November 23rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.racing
Dan O

On Nov 23, 11:14 am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

snip the whole point of the post

Hoo boy, do I ever destest these colder months. And it's
gonna get worse before it gets better.

TEMPERATURE / PRECIPITATION
EUGENE 45 32 47 32 51 / 0 0 0 0 10

(SPOT TEMPERATURES AND PROBABILITIES OF MEASURABLE PRECIPITATION
ARE FOR TODAY...TONIGHT...MONDAY...MONDAY NIGHT...AND TUESDAY)

Oh, well.

Yeah, could always be worse :-)

Moderated Forums [email protected] General 2 December 11th 08 12:22 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] General 8 November 24th 08 04:47 AM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Mountain Biking 4 November 23rd 08 07:46 PM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Racing 4 November 23rd 08 07:46 PM
Moderated Forums Chris[_12_] Social Issues 4 November 23rd 08 07:46 PM