Uni movie idea

Old October 14th 03, 03:42 PM
GILD

Default Uni movie idea

a'la Fear Factor, i'd like to see someone do a side hop from a moving
18wheeler onto another 18wheeler
both travelling at a fair speed

is this possible?

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)
'and while u're in a good-deed-doing-mood...'
(http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com.)
'and just one more?pleez?'
(http://http://www.reuniteluna.com/email.php.)
JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old October 14th 03, 04:03 PM
joona

I'd like to try that. The bad thing about this is I can sidehop just
about half a meter.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

I'm sorry. My spelling sucks.
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old October 14th 03, 06:42 PM
phil

At the weekend I jumped between two rocks, both travelling at 67,000mph.
OOoo yeah.

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old October 14th 03, 07:32 PM
johnfoss

GILD wrote:
*a'la Fear Factor, i'd like to see someone do a side hop from a moving
18wheeler onto another 18wheeler
both travelling at a fair speed

is this possible? *

Sure. But where's the movie?

The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would be
finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35 who
can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"In three months or so, he won't be doing that any more." -- Kris Holm's
cousin Derek, 13, on Kris' unicycling now that he's married

Old October 14th 03, 07:46 PM
JJuggle

GILD wrote:
*a'la Fear Factor, i'd like to see someone do a side hop from a moving
18wheeler onto another 18wheeler
both travelling at a fair speed

is this possible? *

Ok, since someone else brought up a really really stupid thing to do on
a unicycle, I've always wondered if the following is possible.

A drop wherein one begins seat in front and ends seat in back (or
visa-versa) but where the seat does not pass directly between ones legs.
Or put another way, a drop during which the seat passes underneath the
wheel.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

And we'd talk with our eyes,
of the sweetness in our lives.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old October 14th 03, 08:50 PM
johnfoss

JJuggle wrote:
*Or put another way, a drop during which the seat passes underneath
the wheel.*

I know a guy who was working on this in 1983, but without the drop.
Peter Holmgren of Sweden, one of the early guys to do coasting, gliding
and seat drag, also was hopping on the cranks with the seat on the
ground in front of him. His object was to get a big enough jump so the
seat could swing all the way around underneath.

The obvious drawback of practicing this trick is damage to the seat when
you land on it. Those guys used fiberglass resin to reinforce their
plastic Miyata (first generation) seats. But he was having trouble
getting the height. If he had a nice, bouncy Monty tire, he probably
could have made it!

Here's a picture of Peter on that day, on the unicycle he was using:
http://www.unicycling.com/winteruni/83snowcoast.htm

Old October 15th 03, 04:29 AM
Sofa

johnfoss wrote:
*Sure. But where's the movie?

The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would
be finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35
who can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things. *

Not to mention you'd need to find two transport truck drivers high on
enough coke to...oh wait, there's 2.

no 3

oh, there's another

crap, I'm gonna stick to airplanes

--
Sofa - King of TUni

'You're perfect Sofa!' - Scott (via 'Michael Moore'
(http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) parser )
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old October 15th 03, 05:03 AM
spyder

GILD wrote:
*a'la Fear Factor, i'd like to see someone do a side hop from a moving
18wheeler onto another 18wheeler
both travelling at a fair speed

is this possible? *

How about a couple of buses?
I'll drive one.

--
spyder - Go Leafs Go!

The usefulness of the cup is in its emptiness.- Bruce Lee
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Old October 15th 03, 07:01 AM
Naomi

"johnfoss" wrote in message
The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would be
finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35 who
can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things.

....or they could face backwards.

Naomi....and no, I am not volunteering for this, not even as a spectator.

Old October 15th 03, 07:48 AM
GILD

johnfoss wrote:
*The hard part about the above stunt, other than staying alive, would
be finding enough empty-headed, big-ego, good-looking people age 18-35
who can ride unicycles and want to eat bugs or other icky things. *

there's your next muni-game idea,
fear factor with unicycles and marmite!

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more
hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have
ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
-- C. P. Snow