holden VS ford

Old September 7th 03, 05:11 AM
Nick Payne

Default holden VS ford

Depends whether you like your turds to be solid or soft...

"Twisties" wrote in message
holden

Old September 7th 03, 09:41 AM
Luther Blissett

Sometimes I like holden on for a tow up a long hill, but once my glove
got caught on a semi-trailer and I went a bit further and faster than I
wanted!

- LB

Old September 7th 03, 11:18 AM
Gary K

I didn't know they made bikes.

Twisties wrote:

holden

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.

Old September 7th 03, 11:18 AM
Gary K

I didn't know they made bikes.

Twisties wrote:

holden

Old September 7th 03, 12:12 PM
Rob

"Gary K" wrote
I didn't know they made bikes.

Holden were marketing a Monaro mountain bike at one stage

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ca...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Rob

Old September 8th 03, 12:10 AM
amirm

Paul Jones wrote:
technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
space. And usually much cheaper. Not only much cheaper to buy, but
much cheaper to insure and to fix. Check out spare parts costs of
European cars.
yes I definately would prefer a Falcon or Commodore. My current car is
an AU2 ex police car. (police mods include XR6 suspension, ABS, cruise)
If I could afford a Euro car, then I would have a more powerful Falcon
of COmmodore like an XR8 or SS. Or one with more space like a Fairlane
or Caprice. This means more to me than how quiet the car is, or whether
others at the coffee shop are impressed by the badge or not.
i would prefer a manual, but I drive an auto. That is because manuals
are hard to find.
Falcon wagons are great for transporting bikes! Dont even need to take
any wheels off.
Paul
Nicholas & Domino wrote:
yeah right let me guess - you'd take the auto over the manual any day?

"Paul Jones" (nospam) wrote in message news:3f-
... now
compare the price and features of the Audi 1.8 to the
3.8 and 4.0 Falcons.

Give me the commodore or falcon anyday

Paul

amirm wrote:

Twisties wrote:
holden

Both and none. Both because they both are great cars for the value
(Falcon and Commodore). None, because they are still technologically
unsophisticated, lagging behind Euro's. I vote for my Audi A4 1.8TQ.

First, let me see you after a car accident. We won't have accidents
every day, and I hope they never happen to anyone. But sadly they
happen, and many times they are other people's fault. In that case,
that car is worth your while which saves your life and those of whom
you hold dear.

Secondly, I had a VT Commodore before my current car. Loved it. But hey
you get what you pay for. You have no idea how much I spent on brakes
and chasis to fix the flaws it had to be considered a driveable car? Do
you still think the horsepower and acceleration are the main factors to
distinguish cars? What about that AU falcon that accelerates fast off
the line (thanks to its huge petrol gulping donk), at the first sharp
turn cannot slow down fast enough (due to its inferior brakes), gets a
tail spin (due to its hugh body roll, poor chasis balance and lack of
sophisticated technologies such as ESP), goes off the road, hits a tree
and kills/badly injures its driver (because the body did not crumble out
properly, the steering column went through the driver becuase it was not
multi-piece) and so on?

Frankly, I would rather drive a car that has a performance that doesn't
stir my and my fellow drivers' ego. In addition that car has to be a
complete package. Something well thought. After all, I'm putting my life
in that car when I drive it at high speeds or in tricky conditions. I
work hard for my life. Why would I want to joepardise it? But that's me.

One reason I ride to work every day, though, is the piece of mind that I
get. Driving a car is just too stressful. As much as I love cars I like
to stay away from them these days.

Old September 8th 03, 06:52 AM
cfsmtb

jesus h. christ on a bike. wrong forum to discuss this. how 'bout
something more appropriate.

like graecross vs. royce union

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy