holden VS ford

Old September 17th 03, 10:33 AM
Paul Jones

Default holden VS ford

I love the Fords + Holdens. Great to drive - and plenty of room for the bike.

If I won lotto, I would buy an Falcon XR8 ute. I'm sure I would get more fun
and enjoyment (and practicality) than any Euro or Jap car - regardless of the
price. Leave plenty of money leftover to give to charities.

Paul

abv8 wrote:

wrote:
technically unsophisicated, but still with a ton of power and heaps of
space. And usually much

Yes, but at the expense of a huge capacity engine and earths natural
recources.

European and japanese cars are on the right track, smaller more
efficient engines, utilising power transfer from flywheel to "the
wheels".

Holden and ford, yes, nice big cars. Did you know holden still uses
pushrods instead of direct camshafts? C'mon, and the genIII engines,
ridiculously unreliable and short life span.

Saying this, I will admit that i would love gts 5.7 L sitting in my
garage anyday

Cheers

Old October 23rd 03, 02:20 PM
Paul_MCMLIX

Holden vs Ford???

Isn't this a CYCLING forum?? WHO BLOODY CARES???

Holdens AND Fords are both potential killers as far I can see.

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Old October 24th 03, 07:20 AM
Twisties

Paul_MCMLIX wrote:
Holden vs Ford???
Isn't this a CYCLING forum?? WHO BLOODY CARES???

i care, thats why i asked. you no you are allowed to talk about other
things than cycling in this part of the forum, thats why it says keep
all off topic topics here.

paul, you need to loosen up.

--
SPECIALIZED
BigHit: Because the engine is fearless.

Old October 24th 03, 08:20 AM
Paul_MCMLIX

Yeah, point taken...I've had a tough week....my sincere apologies.

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

life ain't much but there's nothing else to do