Idiot bike rider.

Old October 26th 03, 11:33 PM
John Doe

Default Idiot bike rider.

"1210" wrote in message

"John Doe" wrote in message
news
Tell me one thing, is this cycleway you speak of a considerate

transport
cycleway or is it built purely for weekend tourists having a nice coast
around the waterfront.

Yes to the first. No to the second.

well if its a highspeed cycle lane then the guy is an idiot but nonetheless
should not be run over on purpose. I have actually heard Canberra is one of
the best places for cycling and the advantages are obvious. Education is
probably not going to help someone like that.

Old October 27th 03, 12:20 AM
Paul_MCMLIX

My my...we are a passionate little group here, aren't we?

I absolutely love seeing someone get the **** taken without even
realising it....

--
Nil illigitimus carborundum

Old October 27th 03, 01:37 AM
Gary Woodman

"1210" wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
:

Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not
bothering to use a newly opened bike lane.

The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it
because that is normally called "attempted murder"?

Gary

--
Don't have a local servo any more :-/
Old October 27th 03, 01:49 AM
1210

"Gary Woodman" wrote in message
"1210" wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
:

Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not
bothering to use a newly opened bike lane.

The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual. Is it
because that is normally called "attempted murder"?

It aint if it not done on purpose. Or are you saying that all incidents
between bikes are cars are attempted murder?

Gary

--
Don't have a local servo any more :-/

Old October 27th 03, 02:09 AM
Alan Erskine

I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

--
Alan Erskine
alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with
the current virus SPAM attack, respond
to alanterskine(at)hotmail.com
u...

Old October 27th 03, 02:44 AM
1210

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
I hate cowards like you who post through anonymous remailers

Wrong and wrong.

You want to put your foot into your mouth even deeper.

Identify yourself or just fade away like a good little troll.

Troll? Ha Ha Ha You dont know the meaning of a troll.

All of my opinions are my own.

--
Alan Erskine
alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with
the current virus SPAM attack, respond
to alanterskine(at)hotmail.com
u...

Old October 27th 03, 02:47 AM
AlexT

1210 wrote:
Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill. Not
bothering to use a newly opened bike lane.

The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the
inevitable will happen. At least when cyclists ride like idiots, the
chances of them killing someone else is very slim, unless they collect a
pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

At a recent defensive driver course I was at, the instructor was telling
us about the centre of gravity of vehicles (should be common knowledge
really, but apparently not). He brought up one particular case where at
the round about at Anzac parade, a cyclist decided to make a right turn
from the left lane, without looking. The cyclist had a refrigerated
meat truck behind him that was going straight ahead. The cyclist
without warning or signaling, turned in front of the truck. The truck
driver in an attempt to avoid the cyclist, swerved, then swerved in the
other direction, and rolled the truck. The cyclist was not hit, and did
not stop.

I'm not having a go at all cyclists, that was just one example of bad
riding. I have seen more dangerous drivers than dangerous cyclists.
However one has to wonder why on earth those few cyclists are prepared
to risk their lives in traffic by riding unpredictably. Like the rider
who was riding *on the wrong side of the road* on Marcus Clarke Street
in the city the other day, in peak hour. I very nearly cleaned him up,
as I didn't see him to the last moment due to the vehicle in front of me
blocking my view. That vehicle also swerved at the last minute.

If the cyclist referred to in the original post, continues to ride like
that, natural selection will take it's course eventually.

Old October 27th 03, 03:18 AM
John Doe

u...

Well then it might have been better to say "The ******* COULD..." or "The
******* MIGHT have..." rather than saying "The ******* SHOULD..."

Old October 27th 03, 03:22 AM
John Doe

No need to wish that on him. If he rides like that often enough, the
inevitable will happen. At least when cyclists ride like idiots, the
chances of them killing someone else is very slim, unless they collect a
pedestrian, or cause a vehicle to swerve.

Very true - we wouldnt wish that on them. We all know there are idiots out
there no matter whether they ride, walk, drive, etc etc. That was not in
dispute. Hopefully he will be caught one day and learn a lesson. But to
say that someone should have been run down is a little over the top.

Cheers
Pete

Old October 27th 03, 03:35 AM
1210

"Gary Woodman" wrote in message
"1210" wrote in
u:

"Gary Woodman" wrote in message
"1210" wrote in news:3f9bd29c$0$21655
:

Seen without a helmet weaving amongst the traffic on City Hill.
Not bothering to use a newly opened bike lane.

The ******* should have been knocked down and run over.

Why didn't you do it then? Leave the job for someone else as usual.
Is it because that is normally called "attempted murder"?

It aint if it not done on purpose.

Oh, sorry. Since everyone saw you post here, I should have said
"conspiracy to murder".

Boring

Or are you saying that all
incidents between bikes are cars are attempted murder?

****weak evasion. Why didn't you knock the cyclist down and run him/her
over, like you said "should have been"? Is it because you're a gutless
foul-mouthed prick raised on a diet of American television violence?

Boring

Back to watching Conspiracy Theory for you boyo.

Gary

--
Don't have a local servo any more :-/

Chain skipping Micheal Artindale Mountain Biking 17 June 26th 04 12:56 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Techniques 0 June 1st 04 04:54 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
Heavy Bike Rationalization Terry Morse Techniques 106 January 10th 04 03:07 PM