Today's "responsible" cyclists.

Old March 4th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Today's "responsible" cyclists.

On my way home from the Metro station, I saw three cyclists. One
appeared to be a "serious" cyclist with the jersey and everything; he
was properly lit but I saw him blow a stop sign (I'll give him a pass on
that one as he was turning right, although it was still technically
illegal.) The other two cyclists were riding in the gutter the wrong
way down a busy four-lane road, no lights, reflectors only on the wheels
(or the front ones were so out of adjustment I couldn't see them.) Both
riders were wearing dark clothing, and it was about 7:45 PM (e.g. well
after sunset) when I saw them. I did not see them pass a stop-sign
controlled intersection, but seeing as how they were riding in the
gutter going the wrong way, I'm not sure how they would have handled that.

I did NOT observe 33% of the motorists rolling through stop signs, nor
did I observe 66% of motorists driving without lights after dark.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old March 4th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 3, 6:40*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

I'm trying to figure out the point of this post. You're not implying
that all cyclists are like those cyclists you observed, are you?

Regards,
Cullen

Old March 4th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the point of this post. You're not implying
that all cyclists are like those cyclists you observed, are you?

Yes. Yes he is. Sad, eh?

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 4th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_6_]

I did NOT observe 33% of the motorists rolling through stop signs, nor
did I observe 66% of motorists driving without lights after dark.

nate

Come to Texas and you'd see about 90% of the motorists rolling through stop
signs on their way to turning right. Also, it is a law that car lights have
to be on at dusk but I'd bet at least half of them don't turn their lights
on until it is flat out black outside.

You see, if you want to pick a cyclist and say, "He's not following the
law!" We could also tell you about car drivers who don't follow the law.
Just don't be one of those idiots who acts as if car drivers always follow
every law....so, get off your high horse.

Old March 4th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Brent P

In article , Nate Nagel wrote:
On my way home from the Metro station, I saw three cyclists. One
appeared to be a "serious" cyclist with the jersey and everything;

I consider a serious bicyclist to be the kind that don't have any flashy
jerseys and their bike has no two components that match. Back when I rode
the lake front trail in chicago daily those were the guys who were
serious and they were the ones that would give a run for my money or even
beat me. The 'serious looking' ones in the latest gear and an expensive
looking bicycle.... bah... I would beat them every time with my worn out
raleigh with its kmart tires... (hey, I was a college student and I rode
a lot in those days... I got tired of throwing money into the bike)

The other two cyclists were riding in the gutter the wrong
way down a busy four-lane road, no lights, reflectors only on the wheels
(or the front ones were so out of adjustment I couldn't see them.) Both
riders were wearing dark clothing, and it was about 7:45 PM (e.g. well
after sunset) when I saw them.

Those are the kind I dislike the most. Especially when I am biking. The
last wrong-way I encountered at night was towards the end of the normal
riding season here.... like a deer in the headlamp of my bicycle, but
worse... deer decide to run left or right after a pause... stupid humans
keep coming right at me.

Old March 4th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Nate Nagel[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

My point is that today is not unusual in terms of cyclist behavior
observed, despite the protestations of certain people posting to RAD
apparently from rec.bicycles.misc. In fact, today's observations are
EXACTLY what I expect on any given day.

nate

Old March 4th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

I did NOT observe 33% of the motorists rolling through stop signs, nor
did I observe 66% of motorists driving without lights after dark.

nate

I hear that but i must also mention that i do not observe 80% of cyclists
exceeding the speed limit and i do not observe 20% using a cell.
Old March 4th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote in
:

I did NOT observe 33% of the motorists rolling through stop signs, nor
did I observe 66% of motorists driving without lights after dark.

nate

I hear that but i must also mention that i do not observe 80% of cyclists
exceeding the speed limit and i do not observe 20% using a cell.

I've actually seen a cyclist using a cell phone. must have had a
special death wish.

nate

(yes, I KNOW it's a troll.)

Old March 4th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
necromancer[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 03:13:43 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS" wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

I did NOT observe 33% of the motorists rolling through stop signs, nor
did I observe 66% of motorists driving without lights after dark.

nate

I hear that but i must also mention that i do not observe 80% of cyclists
exceeding the speed limit

Moron. The average cyclist is not even capable of attaining such
speeds.

d i do not observe 20% using a cell.

And I've never seen a cyclist with sandpaper threaded tires or
inoperative brakes - two things you have admitted to doing with your
scud.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS (a.k.a. SFB) admits to being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

" Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj