Volta a Catalunya, stage 1 summary

Old May 21st 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Volta a Catalunya, stage 1 summary

Changes in stage 1 compared to stage 0

Biggest gainers by position :
+46 Cyril Dessel
+45 Remy Di Gregorio
+45 Ludovic Turpin
+44 Jurgen Van Goolen
+44 Jose Antonio Redondo
+44 Jesus Rosendo Prado
+44 Carlo Westphal
+44 Anthony Geslin
+43 Stephan Schreck
+43 Pedro Horrillo Munoz

Biggest losers by position :
-130 Fabian Cancellara
-116 Aitor Hernandez Gutierrez
-84 Francesco Chicchi
-78 Michael Rogers
-76 Maryan Hary
-75 Elia Rigotto
-66 Craig Lewis
-66 Jerome Coppel
-65 David Moncoutie
-64 Amael Moinard
-63 Michael Barry

Biggest gainers by time :

Biggest losers by time :
-14:29 Arkaitz Duran Daroca
-14:29 Denis Flahaut
-4:40 Alberto Fernandez
-1:46 Bart Dockx
-1:38 Aleksandr Kuschynski
-1:33 Elia Rigotto
-1:17 Aitor Hernandez Gutierrez
-1:17 Antton Luengo Celaya
-1:17 Christophe Le Mevel
-1:17 Francesco Chicchi
-1:17 Francisco Jose Martinez Perez

Favourites by position :
+46 Cyril Dessel
+32 Thomas Danielson
+25 Vladimir Efimkin
+17 Christophe Moreau
+12 Janez Brajkovic
+9 Thomas Voeckler
+9 Maxime Monfort
+2 Sebastian Lang
-1 George Hincapie
-78 Michael Rogers
-130 Fabian Cancellara

Favourites by time :
-0:10 Vladimir Efimkin
-0:10 Thomas Voeckler
-0:10 Thomas Danielson
-0:10 Sylvain Chavanel
-0:10 Sebastian Lang
-0:10 Sandy Casar
-0:10 Janez Brajkovic
-0:10 George Hincapie
-0:10 Cyril Dessel
-0:10 Christophe Moreau
-0:10 Alessandro Ballan
-0:27 Michael Rogers
-0:27 Maxime Monfort
-0:48 Fabian Cancellara

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Thor Hushovd 4.12.02
2 Leonardo Duque 0.14
3 George Hincapie 0.16
10 Sylvain Chavanel 0.19
14 Alessandro Ballan 0.22
21 Sandy Casar 0.23
33 Sebastian Lang 0.24
47 Thomas Voeckler 0.27
61 Janez Brajkovic 0.29
74 Christophe Moreau 0.31
83 Vladimir Efimkin 0.33
90 Thomas Danielson 0.35
101 Michael Rogers 0.40
104 Cyril Dessel 0.41
139 Fabian Cancellara 0.57
140 Maxime Monfort 0.58

Retirements to date : Stage
John Devine (USA) Team High Road 1
Christian Murro (Ita) Lampre 1
Total retirements : 2

Old May 22nd 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 1 compared to stage 0

Top 3 and favourites standings :

21 Sandy Casar 0.23
47 Thomas Voeckler 0.27

What, are you going to include any old Frenchman among the favorites?

Old May 22nd 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 36697 20080522 024450 Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 1 compared to stage 0

Top 3 and favourites standings :

21 Sandy Casar 0.23
47 Thomas Voeckler 0.27

What, are you going to include any old Frenchman among the favorites?

I now generate the favourites list automatically, using the performances over the
last 2 years in the races I have "covered".
The list is the top 15 in the race based on recent stage-race results.
Old May 22nd 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Bob Martin schreef:
I now generate the favourites list automatically, using the performances over the
last 2 years in the races I have "covered".

Nice work.
Old May 22nd 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On May 22, 5:18 am, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
Bob Martin schreef:

I now generate the favourites list automatically, using the performances over the
last 2 years in the races I have "covered".

Nice work.

I don't usually ditto but in this case I will.