I saw Critical Mass

Old July 26th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default I saw Critical Mass

and didn't like what I saw. I was coming on the bus (how else if
riding a bike is so dangerous on that road), and all of a sudden I see
a bunch of cyclists loosely riding the road. Some of them darting to
block the whole 3 lane road, and then back to taking 1 or 2 lanes. The
bus driver patiently slows to their pace for a while, until he decided
he had a schedule and blasted the horn at the unruly riders taking
unnecessary lanes...

First of all, nobody knew what they were up to. Some T-shirts, for
example, would have announced their cause. And secondly, that strategy
of blocking all lanes, doesn't make you friends.

So the wild monkeys were in rebellion, but nobody knew their cause. A
good slogan for the T-shirts would have been: "Hey, do like we did and
come out of your cages. R-evolution!"

"Riding a bike costs peanuts --which is why monkeys love biking"

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote88

VELORUTION!
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote91
Old July 26th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Scott M. Kozel

KingOfTheApes wrote:

and didn't like what I saw. I was coming on the bus (how else if
riding a bike is so dangerous on that road), and all of a sudden I see
a bunch of cyclists loosely riding the road. Some of them darting to
block the whole 3 lane road, and then back to taking 1 or 2 lanes. The
bus driver patiently slows to their pace for a while, until he decided
he had a schedule and blasted the horn at the unruly riders taking
unnecessary lanes...

First of all, nobody knew what they were up to. Some T-shirts, for
example, would have announced their cause. And secondly, that strategy
of blocking all lanes, doesn't make you friends.

So the wild monkeys were in rebellion, but nobody knew their cause. A
good slogan for the T-shirts would have been: "Hey, do like we did and
come out of your cages. R-evolution!"

"The revolution will not be televised"
Old July 26th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson[_2_]

http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd...&cat=undefined
Old July 26th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson[_2_]

On Jul 26, 12:55*pm, Bill Sornson wrote:
On Jul 26, 9:58*am, "Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

"The revolution will not be televised"

http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd...&cat=undefined

Ooops. Looks like you have to click the "Critical Mass" banner on
left side of video pane.

Old July 26th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Scott M. Kozel" writes:
KingOfTheApes wrote:

and didn't like what I saw.

You saw a bunch of people acting like self-entitled drivers.
You saw a mirror reflection of how self-entitled drivers
behave.

I was coming on the bus (how else if
riding a bike is so dangerous on that road), and all of a sudden I see
a bunch of cyclists loosely riding the road.

That settles it! You /are/ indeed anti-bike.

Some of them darting to
block the whole 3 lane road, and then back to taking 1 or 2 lanes. The
bus driver patiently slows to their pace for a while, until he decided
he had a schedule and blasted the horn at the unruly riders taking
unnecessary lanes...

First of all, nobody knew what they were up to. Some T-shirts, for
example, would have announced their cause.

Ersatz uniforms, eh? **** that noise.
And you can shove that concept up your ass,
with vigour. I'm hereby suspecting you of
being a Nazi with ulterior motives, and
trying to establish a bundt.

Phf**** you.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old July 26th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
Phf**** you.

Is that the Daffy Duck pronunciation?

"People who had no mercy will find none." - Anon.
Old July 26th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
Phf**** you.

Is that the Daffy Duck pronunciation?

Sylvester The Cat. More spittle is ejected.

be fruitful, multiply, and go forth,
Tom

Old July 27th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
BIG ONE

On 26 Jul, 16:34, KingOfTheApes wrote:
I was coming on the bus

whatever turns you on

(how else if riding a bike is so dangerous on that road)

how could it be dangerous CM was on ... or don't you know anything
about it?

and all of a sudden I see a bunch of cyclists loosely riding the road.

that's right - well done, now why didn't you think - 'hey! i should be
down there with them
on the side of the angels' ?
snip the bla

First of all, nobody knew what they were up to.

how do you know this ... get off the bus & interview folk did you?

you-'excuse me sir'
cyclist- 'yea'
you - 'do you know what you are up to'
cyclist - 'no'
you - 'well i'll just get on to usenet about this then'

Some T-shirts, for
example, would have announced their cause.

missing the point aren't you?
were you wearing a 'i'm on a bus' t-shirt ?

And secondly, that strategy
of blocking all lanes, doesn't make you friends.

like you ???
aren't you friendly?

So the wild monkeys were in rebellion, but nobody knew their cause. A
good slogan for the T-shirts would have been: "Hey, do like we did and
come out of your cages. R-evolution!"

print some & hand them out next month, you are only involved if you
get involved & if you're not involved ......
GET OUT OF THE WAY

Old July 27th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tim McNamara

Bill Sornson writes:

On Jul 26, 9:58*am, "Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

"The revolution will not be televised"

http://www.cbs8.com/flv/video_pop_hd...&cat=undefined

CM is sure a bunch o' twits. They, like too many others, have
confused being anti-car with being pro-bike. They are not the same.