Converting a Bike to a Powerassisted electric bike Suggestions

Old September 12th 05, 12:40 AM

Default Converting a Bike to a Powerassisted electric bike Suggestions

Considering converting my bike to an electric power assist bike any
suggestions?
websites or brands

Sandra

Old September 12th 05, 02:25 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Considering converting my bike to an electric power assist bike any
suggestions?
websites or brands

Sandra

Don't do it. Standard bikes aren't meant to take the load produced by an
electric motor & battery. Some of the more-dangerous ones mount everything
up front, where it seriously destabilizes the handle. We've also seen units
that work off the rear wheel that seem like they were intentionally designed
to cause spoke failure (something they succeed at big-time).

If you need electric power assist, find a dealer that sells models already
equipped with it. They'll likely be much sturdier and less prone to failure.
Be prepared to pay a fair amount of money for something decent, since buying
something cheap is just throwing money away, from what I've seen.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Bike rack [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
19 Days to go: NBG Mayors' Ride Excitement #5 Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 March 30th 05 07:32 PM
Electric drive overview and review article richard schumacher Techniques 1 January 6th 05 06:43 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM