Team Performance "Double Points" promotion problem

Old November 15th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TomYoung

Default Team Performance "Double Points" promotion problem

Hi all:

Just a heads up...

For a few days in early October Performance Bike had a double points
promotion whereby Team Performance members would get "points" equal to
20% of the cost of merchandise purchased, instead of the normal 10%. I
placed a Red Phone order at the local shop during the promotion and
happened to notice a few days after the merchandise was delivered that
points equal to only 10% had been credited to my Team Performance
member account. On October 11th I emailed Performance Bike about the
discrepancy and the reply was "The points will be doubled shortly."

On Novemeber 13th the "extra" points still hadn't been added to my
account so I emailed again. They replied the next day "The points have
now been corrected," and they were.

I can't believe I was the only guy in the world whose Team Performance
account was handled improperly, so anybody else who made a purchase
during the promotion (and who still had the receipt) might want to do a
little forensic accounting.

Tom Young

Old November 15th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"TomYoung" wrote in message
::
:: I can't believe I was the only guy in the world whose
:: Team Performance account was handled improperly, so
:: anybody else who made a purchase during the promotion
:: (and who still had the receipt) might want to do a
:: little forensic accounting.

Yeah, it's probably a clever scheme to boost profits by encouraging people
to buy and hoping they don't pay attention.

While I do think it's sad to think this way, I don't think it's smart to
assume it's not happening.

Old November 15th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
gds

Roger Zoul wrote:
"TomYoung" wrote in message
::
:: I can't believe I was the only guy in the world whose
:: Team Performance account was handled improperly, so
:: anybody else who made a purchase during the promotion
:: (and who still had the receipt) might want to do a
:: little forensic accounting.

Yeah, it's probably a clever scheme to boost profits by encouraging people
to buy and hoping they don't pay attention.

While I do think it's sad to think this way, I don't think it's smart to
assume it's not happening.

Perhaps so. But I must say that I have always found Performance to be
very good at standing behind their promises. I often see special prices
on line and go into the local store and there has never been a problem
with them matching the price even if the goods are not marked that way
in the store. They have also been good on exchanges. So, from my
experience I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Old November 15th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"gds" wrote in message
ps.com
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::: "TomYoung" wrote in message
:::::
::::: I can't believe I was the only guy in the world whose
::::: Team Performance account was handled improperly, so
::::: anybody else who made a purchase during the promotion
::::: (and who still had the receipt) might want to do a
::::: little forensic accounting.
:::
::: Yeah, it's probably a clever scheme to boost profits by
::: encouraging people to buy and hoping they don't pay
::: attention.
:::
::: While I do think it's sad to think this way, I don't
::: think it's smart to assume it's not happening.
::
:: Perhaps so. But I must say that I have always found
:: Performance to be very good at standing behind their
:: promises. I often see special prices on line and go into
:: the local store and there has never been a problem with
:: them matching the price even if the goods are not marked
:: that way in the store. They have also been good on
:: exchanges. So, from my experience I'd give them the
:: benefit of the doubt.

I agree with you. I've had nothing but good experience with them overall.
All I'm basically saying is that it's not hard to take advantage of human
nature in a very friendly and accommodating manner, if you're clever.

Old November 15th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TomYoung

Roger Zoul wrote:
"TomYoung" wrote in message
::
:: I can't believe I was the only guy in the world whose
:: Team Performance account was handled improperly, so
:: anybody else who made a purchase during the promotion
:: (and who still had the receipt) might want to do a
:: little forensic accounting.

Yeah, it's probably a clever scheme to boost profits by encouraging people
to buy and hoping they don't pay attention.

While I do think it's sad to think this way, I don't think it's smart to
assume it's not happening.

I want to make it clear that I'm not knocking Performance Bicycle. I'm
generally pleased with them and, while I don't buy all my stuff from
them, I buy a significant amount and will continue to patronize them in
the future. I think this is just an accounting glitch and wanted to
give a "heads up" to other folks who might have the same problem.

Tom Young