Testers for Edinburgh based cycling app

Old February 13th 13, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sam Rose

Default Testers for Edinburgh based cycling app

Hi
I am currently a 4th year Informatics student at the University of Edinburgh doing my Honours project which involves creating an Android smartphone/tablet app aimed at cyclists.

The project aims to adapt a currently available system in Minneapolis called Cyclopath (http://cyclopath.org/) to Edinburgh.

Cyclopath is a map which is maintained by the users and allows people to add cycle routes and share them with the community as well as make changes to the actual map such as tagging roads which have cycle lanes or are currently under construction etc.

I am looking for some people to test this app on their smartphone or tablet and answer a short questionnaire.

You can download the app he http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10098681/CyclopathED.apk

and find the questionnaire he
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7XJHQBJ

Installation Instructions:
1. Navigate to the link on your Android device browser to download the app.
2. When download is complete, open the file and tap install. You might be prompted to enable 'Unknown Sources' when trying to install the app. You can do this by going to Settings - Security and checking 'Unknown Sources'.

Anyone is welcome to test this app. I would be hoping to get your feedback over the next week or so.

Any help is greatly appreciated and you can email me at if you have any questions or just post here.

Thanks a lot
Sam