Turkey-day ride announcement

Old November 24th 04, 10:36 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

38F in Woodside at 8am. Didn't seem nastily cold, but definitely caused
some
motor problems. Felt OK about halfway up King's, but prior to that I
couldn't get any sort of rhythm going.

Californians are wimps, aren't they?
Just be glad there is no snow on the ground

You mean like this? http://www.chainreaction.com/january.htm

But I do agree, we are total wimps. So would you, after only a couple months
out here. Soon, you're whining that it's too cold when it's below 65, and
too hot when above 80.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member

Old November 24th 04, 10:54 PM
Dan

Californians are wimps, aren't they?
Just be glad there is no snow on the ground

Yeah, its pretty rough out here. I went for a ride yesterday:
http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/Willow.html
It was 60 deg and calm.

Old November 25th 04, 06:08 AM
Terry Morse

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles wrote:

But I do agree, we are total wimps. So would you, after only a couple months
out here. Soon, you're whining that it's too cold when it's below 65, and
too hot when above 80.

I guess whining is mandatory on the backside of Mt. Hamilton, then.
It's always too hot or too cold there. But it's also one of my
favorite local climbs.

Old November 25th 04, 01:16 PM
Denver C. Fox

You mean like this? http://www.chainreaction.com/january.htm

No, more like this! We have folks around here who ride in stuff like this -
but not I!

http://www.icebike.com/

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

Old November 28th 04, 01:50 PM
Olebiker

When I first moved to Florida I accused the locals of freezing to death
at room temperature. After 15 years I am one of those folks who
considers anything below 35 degrees unrideable.

Dick Durbin

Old November 30th 04, 05:47 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

When I first moved to Florida I accused the locals of freezing to death
at room temperature. After 15 years I am one of those folks who
considers anything below 35 degrees unrideable.

Dick Durbin

Dick: You're doing better than most. My guess is that cycling drops off the
map for the majority of people as soon as it gets into the 50s.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com