Vintage De Rosa advice..To buy or not to buy?

Old April 7th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John[_17_]

Default Vintage De Rosa advice..To buy or not to buy?

I think that I am lucky to have come across a De Rosa SLX 35th anniversary
bike for sale with complete C-Record gruppo, campy tubular rims with CG/CX.
Pristine condition, ridden less than 200 miles. The following link is an
identical bike I have found online. My question is it as valuable as various
web sites might lead me to believe? He is selling for $800. I have
inspected the bike and except for a scuff on the seat stay, it is flawless.
Unfortunately the frame is a 62cm c-c...way too big for me but I appreciate
Italian steel and perhaps its worth the investment opportunity. Any advice
would be appreciated. How hard is it to sell a 62cm frame/bike? Would this
be a steal for $800 or is that about what its worth?
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...ary/?g2_page=1
Thanks
John

Old April 7th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
John[_17_]

Please remove NOSPAM to reply directly

Old April 7th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

"John" wrote in message
I think that I am lucky to have come across a De Rosa SLX 35th anniversary
bike for sale with complete C-Record gruppo, campy tubular rims with CG/CX.
Pristine condition, ridden less than 200 miles. The following link is an
identical bike I have found online. My question is it as valuable as
various web sites might lead me to believe? He is selling for $800. I have
inspected the bike and except for a scuff on the seat stay, it is flawless.
Unfortunately the frame is a 62cm c-c...way too big for me but I appreciate
Italian steel and perhaps its worth the investment opportunity. Any advice
would be appreciated. How hard is it to sell a 62cm frame/bike? Would this
be a steal for $800 or is that about what its worth?
http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...ary/?g2_page=1

It is priced about what it cost to build originally. It is a very nice bike
and if you could find a tall collector he might pay you a bit more. The
question is - are you in the business of buying and selling bicycles?

Old April 10th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
--D-y

On Apr 6, 9:47*pm, "John" wrote:
I think that I am lucky to have come across a De Rosa SLX 35th anniversary
bike for sale with complete C-Record gruppo, campy tubular rims with CG/CX.
Pristine condition, ridden less than 200 miles. The following link is an
identical bike I have found online. My question is it as valuable as various
web sites might lead me to believe? *He is selling for $800. I have
inspected the bike and except for a scuff on the seat stay, it is flawless.
Unfortunately the frame is a 62cm c-c...way too big for me but I appreciate
Italian steel and perhaps its worth the investment opportunity. Any advice
would be appreciated. How hard is it to sell a 62cm frame/bike? Would this
be a steal for $800 or is that about what its worth?http://www.wooljersey..com/gallery/v...th_anniversary...

It's a large frame but that might not matter to a collector and De
Rosa is a prestige name.

Maximum return for a bike in excellent condition, if the paint scuff
isn't awful, would likely be to part it out. DeRosa panto parts are
valuable themselves. NOS C Record seatposts have ebayed for close to
$300 recently.

Sharp, very close-up photos that show condition of threads, etc. are
very important.

As clean as the bike in your link looks, for instance, the stem and
seatpost could be corroded solidly in place.

A fair amount of work esp. if you don't take photos for auctions every
day, but you might well double your money, or better.
--D-y

Old April 20th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

On Apr 10, 1:20*pm, --D-y wrote:
On Apr 6, 9:47*pm, "John" wrote:

[...]

amazing bike, the delatas alone are worth $200, go for it. it is a
great deal
bikingthings
Old June 16th 12, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
nick1968

On Tuesday, 7 April 2009 02:47:24 UTC, John wrote:
[...]

Hello John,did you buy this Bike,as im looking for this bike in this size?

Cheers Nick