FS: Merckx Team SC Custom + extras!

Old October 9th 04, 03:18 PM
BikeriderLA

Default FS: Merckx Team SC Custom + extras!

I have for sale a lightly used 61 x 61 c-c Eddy Merckx Team SC Scandium
frameset, including integrated Campy Record Headset and a Merckx fully carbon
fork (including carbon steerer tube. This frameset also has integrated carbon
fiber chainstays.

Included with the frameset is a new Campagnolo Chorus carbon seatpost ($109.00
value). A Campagnolo Record Carbon front derailleur (value $79.00) and last but
not least: a Stella Azzura Vice Versa 130 mm stem (a $119.00 value).

I built this up with Campy Record 10 and Campy Eurus wheels. It came in at
under 18 pounds complete with pedals. Not bad for such a large bike!
Mechanically it is a 9.9. Cosmetically it is about a 9. It would be a 10
cosmetically. But there are a couple of chips in the paint that came about
while transporting the bike on a car bike rack. The paint chips are easily
touched up as they are in the black part of the frame.
This frameset was custom built, with custom geometry and custom painted at the
Merckx facility in Belgium. It is unique and one of a kind.
This frameset retails for $2,500.00 new, not including the custom geometry and
custom paint scheme. You will be getting this slightly used (under 500 miles)
frameset for a fraction of retail! This frame has never been raced or crashed.
And, don’t forget about the seat post, stem and front derailleur!
This is one fast, smooth and comfortable ride!

The geometry is (c-c):
Seat Tube:61
Top Tube: 61
Head Tube: 23
Stand over: 87
Wheelbase:102

This bike will fit anyone over 6 feet tall. There are no weight limitations

This is what Merckx has to say about their frameset:

Throughout his illustrious racing career, Eddy Merckx was meticulous in the
detail of his bicycles, taking the utmost pride in the fit and finish of all
his equipment. As a manufacturer, he retains these qualities and incorporates
them with his unparalleled racing experiences.
The Team SC immediately became the signature frameset for Eddy Merckx upon its
introduction in 2001. It features a main frame of breathtakingly light Easton
SC7000 Scandium metal matrix tubing with carbon fiber chainstays for superb
shock absorption. It weighs in at less than 2.5 pounds. Scandium is well known
for being the most forgiving aluminum alloy ever manufactured. Merckx makes it
even more durable by oversizing the tubes to impressive diameters. This
combination of a shock-absorbing alloy with hefty tubing diameters makes the SC
amazing to ride.

The Team SC was our single best-selling aluminum frame both in 2002 and in
2003. Why? Rather than waxing poetic myself, let me quote the former World
Champion, Hour Record holder, and wearer of the Maillot Jaune Chris Boardman.
In his capacity as test pilot for Pro Cycling magazine, he reviewed the Team SC
in their September 2003 issue and wrote...

"....its overall robustness leads me to suspect it will last longer than its
rider. It could probably survive a nuclear blast, or the non-fission
equivalent, Paris-Roubaix..... The handling was as good as any bike I have
ridden, perfectly neutral, and even sitting up to put a cape over the top of
the climb at low speeds was no problem. On the descent the handling continued
to be near-perfect, bringing back memories of my first pro bike with GAN,
another Merckx, which also handled like this one. I was perfectly in control on
the most taxing Alpine descent and would have been happy to ride this bike
across the roughest of cobbled roads (which I suspect was its intended target
terrain). The substantial design also gave a solid feel with little in the way
of flex evident. The bike didn't feel as if it would bounce over rough ground,
rather it would plough through it!"

I am asking $1199.00 including professional packing, insurance and shipping to
the lower 48.

Please see my feedback on ebay under Socalstev1

Please contact me at

Many high resolution pictures available, just ask.

Mayo's team starts with 8 riders, not 9. Ronde Champ Racing 8 July 4th 04 03:37 PM
TTT rules Ewoud Dronkert Racing 7 June 28th 04 12:10 PM
FS: Custom GT i Drive Team XC bike with 2003 XTR Michael Esparza Mountain Biking 3 August 1st 03 10:36 PM