While riding to the Post Office

Old April 6th 05, 10:50 AM
Maggie

Neil Brooks wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill H. wrote:

So...uh....bicycling is GOOD then?

So...uh...quoting is GOOD then?

Original posts, to which Bill H. is replying, are available under the
Freedom Of Information Act.

Here ya' go: http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/04_3.html

ADVICE:
Never try to read posts when you first wake up at 5:00 a.m. Nothing
makes sense. If they do not make sense at 10:00 a.m. I will change my
advice.
Maggie

Old April 6th 05, 02:21 PM
bbaka

Maggie wrote:
Neil Brooks wrote:

"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill H. wrote:

So...uh....bicycling is GOOD then?

So...uh...quoting is GOOD then?

Original posts, to which Bill H. is replying, are available under the
Freedom Of Information Act.

Here ya' go: http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/04_3.html

ADVICE:
Never try to read posts when you first wake up at 5:00 a.m. Nothing
makes sense. If they do not make sense at 10:00 a.m. I will change my
advice.
Maggie

I have reading since 3:00 A.M. and posting since about 5. The coffee is
starting to sink in finally. Running on an average of 4 to maybe 6 good
hours of sleep puts me in one of those morning hazes, but by afternoon
all is well, and then comes the evening and time to go back to bed again.

Anyway, OT, how do you carry anything much besides a few letters to the
Post Office?
Old April 6th 05, 04:18 PM
Ken

"bbaka" wrote in message
Maggie wrote:
Neil Brooks wrote:

"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill H. wrote:

So...uh....bicycling is GOOD then?

So...uh...quoting is GOOD then?

Original posts, to which Bill H. is replying, are available under the
Freedom Of Information Act.

Here ya' go: http://www.usdoj.gov/04foia/04_3.html

ADVICE:
Never try to read posts when you first wake up at 5:00 a.m. Nothing
makes sense. If they do not make sense at 10:00 a.m. I will change my
advice.
Maggie

I have reading since 3:00 A.M. and posting since about 5. The coffee is
starting to sink in finally. Running on an average of 4 to maybe 6 good
hours of sleep puts me in one of those morning hazes, but by afternoon
all is well, and then comes the evening and time to go back to bed again.

Anyway, OT, how do you carry anything much besides a few letters to the
Post Office?

Well most of the time that is all I have to go out in the mail. But I have a
rack plus a couple of different sizes of pannier bags.
Ken

Old April 6th 05, 09:43 PM
Veloise

Rich wrote:
Perhaps the most efficient form of PRACTICAL transport. I think
sailplanes beat bikes otherwise.

Ken:
Yeah but I can't launch a sailplane from my backyard!

Rich:
You need a bigger backyard.

I rode my bike to work at City Hall all winter. No sailplane parking
rack there.

And it would be hard to haul my laptop and all my ebay schwag home from
the USPS on a SP.

HTH
--Karen M.

Old April 7th 05, 02:40 AM
Ed

Bicycle riding at typical recreational speed burns abort 35 calories per mile.
Walk/running burns about 100 calories per mile. So you can cover about three
times the distance on a bicycle compared to walking for the same energy
expenditure. YMMV.