The RTL logo.

Old February 25th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Default The RTL logo.

I was wondering what folks thought of the newly released RTL 'logo'
(http://mut.unitours.org/rtlpict/logo...ter_Logo1.jpg).

I have nothing but respect for Darren (whose design this is), and all
the organizers of this race. I do not, however, care for the logo. I
would have much preferred something low key to this, which I consider
mostly silly.

This event feels serious (seriously fun, but still hard-core and
serious). 'This logo'
(http://mut.unitours.org/rtlpict/logo...ster_Logo1.jpg) just won't
cast our race in serious light. IMO.

I'd rather have a shirt with the design at the 'top of the RTL website'
(http://www.ridethelobster.com/).

To the organizers: Please choose a less silly design for the RTL
shirt.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Shouldn't the unicycle be on top of the lobster?

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

steveyo wrote:
I was wondering what folks thought of the newly released RTL 'logo'
(http://mut.unitours.org/rtlpict/logo...ter_Logo1.jpg).

I have nothing but respect for Darren (whose design this is), and all
the organizers of this race. I do not, however, care for the logo. I
would have much preferred something low key to this, which I consider
mostly silly.

This event feels serious (seriously fun, but still hard-core and
serious). 'This logo'
(http://mut.unitours.org/rtlpict/logo...ster_Logo1.jpg) just won't
cast our race in serious light. IMO.

I'd rather have a shirt with the design at the 'top of the RTL website'
(http://www.ridethelobster.com/).

To the organizers: Please choose a less silly design for the RTL
shirt.

Yeah, fwiw, I agree with all of that. It does make it look like it's a
Saturday mornings kids cartoon more than a test of the fittest
sportsmen of long distance unicycling.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim

The designer of that logo clearly forgot the red nose, comedy big shoes
and water-squirting flower, but otherwise they have clearly shown their
opinion of unicycling.

jim

--
Jim
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

Maybe it's a cultural difference?

I found this--I guess a goofy lobster is better than #2:

Top 10 Reasons To Live In Nova Scotia

1. The only place in North America to get bombed in the war... by a
moron who set a munition ship on fire
2. *Your province is shaped like male genitalia*
3. Everyone is a fiddle player
4. If someone asks if you're a Newfie, you are allowed to kick them
5. The local hero is an insane, fiddle playing, sexual pervert
6. The province that produced Rita MacNeil, the world's largest land
mammal
7. You are the reason Anne Murray makes money
8. You can pretend you have Scottish heritage as an excuse to wear a
kilt
9. The economy is based on fish, lobster, and fiddle music
10. Even though it smells like dead sea animals, Halifax is
considered Canada's most beautiful city

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

phlegm wrote:
Shouldn't the unicycle be on top of the lobster?

While true, that's the least of my objections.

Old February 25th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Choose your battles wisely, Steveyo.

You've only so many calories to expend, and there are many better
causes to champion on this planet.

C'mon, take unicycling seriously? What next, hard-core juggling?
Extreme ironing? Knitting marathons?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

I don't mind the lobster; it's not what I would do on my own, but it at
least looks like a professional graphic, unlike most of what we see on
unicycle shirts. I don't like the font much, it's way too crowded.
And the space behind the wheel needs to be transparent (background
color), not white.

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 25th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

maestro8 wrote:
Choose your battles wisely, Steveyo.

You've only so many calories to expend, and there are many better
causes to champion on this planet.

C'mon, take unicycling seriously? What next, hard-core juggling?
Extreme ironing? Knitting marathons?

Oh, I haven't picked a good battle in months.

Yes, IMHO, an 800K unicycle race deserves to be commemorated by an
excellent shirt, and not a clowny one. I want to wear this shirt in my
later years (I'm already in those?) and make people gasp, not laugh. I
need the ego-stroking.

Also, I don't care all that much, but c'mon, a silly, cartoony lobster?

Old February 25th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Also, that is one of the most anatomically incorrect lobsters I've ever
seen. No legs? When not unicycling does he just drag himself around by
his claws or is he able to wobble around on the end of his tail which
is somehow also able to pedal?

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game* - -ProjectUNI update available 'here!'
(http://projectuni.com/#lightbox3)-* - Join the 'discussion.'
(http://www.projectuni.com/forum)
http://www.usenet.com

Who is the guy in the RTL logo? lpounds Unicycling 6 January 28th 08 08:13 PM
ADIDAS logo MagillaGorilla Racing 9 January 29th 07 04:51 AM
Unicyclist Logo à la NBA Hyperactiveman Unicycling 15 June 23rd 05 04:25 PM
logo/name help unidaddy Unicycling 19 February 11th 05 09:56 PM
one logo to rule them all Ender Unicycling 20 March 18th 04 07:23 PM