Tour de France Jackets

Old July 13th 04, 05:37 AM
Daniel Crispin

Default Tour de France Jackets

Ok stupid question but it's been bothering me and I know you guys will know

I have been following the Tour de France for the first time this year....

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one
with the
most points)... other than that?

What is the green and white and doted jackets?

Old July 13th 04, 01:19 PM
khill

Daniel Crispin wrote:
Ok stupid question but it's been bothering me and I know you guys will know

I have been following the Tour de France for the first time this year....

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one
with the
most points)... other than that?

What is the green and white and doted jackets?

http://www.trekbikes.com/tour_de_fra...f/tour_101.jsp

- khill

Old July 13th 04, 02:09 PM
Bob Anderson

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 00:37:44 -0400, "Daniel Crispin" wrote:

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one
with the most points)... other than that?
What is the green and white and doted jackets?

Jerseys and stage info
http://cdn.digitalcity.com/sports_to...urdefrance.swf

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon
Old July 13th 04, 09:23 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

Daniel Crispin wrote:

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one with the most points)...

No, that is incorrect. The Yellow one is the most visible to
motorists following the Tour, so it is put on the slowest rider to
keep the motorists from speeding up and running over the race.
Old July 13th 04, 09:56 PM
Badger_South

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:23:46 -0500, Zippy the Pinhead
wrote:

Daniel Crispin wrote:

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one with the most points)...

No, that is incorrect. The Yellow one is the most visible to
motorists following the Tour, so it is put on the slowest rider to
keep the motorists from speeding up and running over the race.

Well what jersey do they give the guy who has to run into the woods
and go behind a tree the most?

-B

Old July 13th 04, 11:37 PM
Daniel Crispin

Thanks!

If they describe the jerseys on the official website, it's well hidden.
Good think Trek is there....

"khill" wrote in message
wsgroups.com...

Old July 13th 04, 11:38 PM
Daniel Crispin

wrote:

Daniel Crispin wrote:

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader

(one with the most points)...

No, that is incorrect. The Yellow one is the most visible to
motorists following the Tour, so it is put on the slowest rider to
keep the motorists from speeding up and running over the race.

Well what jersey do they give the guy who has to run into the woods
and go behind a tree the most?

-B

Probably depends on what he does there... could be brown or dark yellow

Old July 14th 04, 01:10 AM
the black rose

Zippy the Pinhead wrote:
Daniel Crispin wrote:

What do the Jackets mean??? I am pretty sure Yellow is for Tour Leader (one with the most points)...

No, that is incorrect. The Yellow one is the most visible to
motorists following the Tour, so it is put on the slowest rider to
keep the motorists from speeding up and running over the race.

And the spotted jersey is for the guy voted by the other cyclists to be
most likely to become a circus entertainer.

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!