Update on Jim McNamara

Old April 26th 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Default Update on Jim McNamara

Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...-side-effects/

Let us hope that we can all face our own time of trials as courageously as
Jim.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 27th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Cicero Venatio

Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...-side-effects/

Let us hope that we can all face our own time of trials as courageously as
Jim.

------------------

Surprising that it spread like that. There is a new drug called NX-1207
that is going through stage 3 clinical trials before it gets approved by
the FDA, that would eliminate the hormone therapy that will destroy the
quality of his life and do the same thing (shrink the prostate) but much
more effectively and without side effects. It's administered by
inserting a needle through the rectum and directly into the prostate in
a 15 minute procedure by a urologist without anesthesia or a catheter.
Improvement happens within two weeks. No more surgery, lasers, it is
going to revolutionize that prostate problem every male will face
sometime in his life.

Old April 27th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tad McClellan

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.bicycles.tech.]

Cicero Venatio wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

You can learn more about the clinical trials at:

http://clinicaltrialselect.org/facet...ywords=NX-1207

or

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=NX-1207

--
Tad McClellan
email: perl -le "print scalar reverse qq/moc.liamg\100cm.j.dat/"
Old April 27th 11, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Art Harris

"Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...ara-hormone-th...

Isn't the RBT poster Tim McNamara?

Art Harris
Old April 27th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Art Harris" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim
McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...ara-hormone-th...

Isn't the RBT poster Tim McNamara?

Jim was mainly associated with ARBR, but there was a lot of spill over to
other cycling newsgroups. As far as I know, Tim McNamara is no relation to
Jim McNamara.

Old April 28th 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Apr 26, 8:25*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

Somone needs to get up to speed here. It is not at all surprising.
Prostate cancer commonly spreads to lymph nodes and bone initially.
NX-1207 is of absolutely no use to anyone with clinical stage 4
prostate cancer with bone metastasis. NX--1207 is not being evaluated
for treatment of prostate cancer. It is being evaluate for the
treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, the operative words here
being BENIGN and HYPERPLASIA.
Old April 28th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Apr 27, 6:39*am, Art Harris wrote:
"Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...ara-hormone-th...

Isn't the RBT poster Tim McNamara?

Art Harris

Not a typo. Tim and me (Jim) are both McNamara's but are unrelated.
Old April 28th 11, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Apr 26, 8:25 pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:
[...]

[...]

I have often wondered if benign prostatic hyperplasia is not a forerunner to
prostate cancer? The doctors say no, but what do they know!

Old April 28th 11, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 4/27/2011 6:46 PM, JimmyMac wrote:
On Apr 27, 6:39 am, Art wrote:
"Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...ara-hormone-th...

Isn't the RBT poster Tim McNamara?

Art Harris

Not a typo. Tim and me (Jim) are both McNamara's but are unrelated.

You may well by 147th cousins or something similar.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old April 28th 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On Apr 27, 6:39 am, Art wrote:
"Edward Dolan wrote:
Some of you have had occasion over the years to do combat with Jim
McNamara
of these cycling newsgroups. Here is an update on his situation which
may
interest you.

http://www.prostate.net/2011/survivo...ara-hormone-th...

Isn't the RBT poster Tim McNamara?

Art Harris

Not a typo. Tim and me (Jim) are both McNamara's but are unrelated.

You may well by 147th cousins or something similar.

Ever do a genealogical research on your ancestors! It is mind boggling.
Unless you are aristocracy, you can only go back so far, but it is far
enough! My ancestry peters out in Irish peasantry, but is not that the case
with all of us. If we had come from aristocracy, our forefathers would not
have emigrated to America.