kh '08?

Old August 3rd 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
banjo_gun_snake_wheels

Default kh '08?

Does anyone know if there are going to be any modifications to the '08
kh or will it be the same as the '07?
Also, once online unicycle stores get the KH back in stock, how long
will they be in stock for? Is it odd right now that almost everywhere
is out or is that pretty much the norm?
I'm debating on wether or not I will buy one soon(ish) or hold off till
08.

--
banjo_gun_snake_wheels

John

Each additional time I fail will make the first time I succeed that
much sweeter.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

But it was a while ago. Maybe search for danger uni posts. I haven't
read anything about other new models. It seems like uni is getting more
popular. I would try to get something I wanted as soon as I could. Some
places have run out of torkers. It seems like KH stock came in around
March, and lasted to what... June or so. Since so much is new for 07
and sold well, I would guess it won't change for a year or so. But I
don't actually know anything. From the last post I read, it seems like
we could get the KH geared hub, and also a new 36 from Coker tire.
Maybe even this summer.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I cant even think of anything he can change on the 07 version. If
anything, it would be the seat post, but everything else, I cant see
much more change going into it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

I'd be surprised if it was much different since the current uni is
pretty well dialed-in. Also, I think Kris once mentioned that changes
were going to be incremental instead of having big model year changes.

Additionally, details of new models are often not released before
availablity since doing so hurts sales of the current model.

I would like to see a different color though (not that I don't like the
Blue, only that there's too many blue unicycles now).

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boo radley

The KH29 frame really needs a longer seat tube. It's impossible to move
the seat from a height for muni on the 150mm crank setting to a height
for road riding on the 125mm setting without switching to a longer
seatpost.

that's my random comment about improving the kh unis...

--
boo radley

User CP - Edit Options - Uncheck: Show Signatures - Save Changes
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

I'm sure the frame is dialed in to fit the average sized rider. If
you're taller than normal- get a longer seatpost. I don't think it
should be any taller than it is now. It means having to take more off
with a hacksaw

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!!
www.uninam.net

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

GizmoDuck wrote:
I'm sure the frame is dialed in to fit the average sized rider. If
you're taller than normal- get a longer seatpost. I don't think it
should be any taller than it is now. It means having to take more off
with a hacksaw

Ken, I think he means since the seat tube isn't long enough, there
isn't enough adjustability to allow comfortable settings for both 125mm
cranks and 150mm cranks. That doesn't have anything to do with the
seat post length...you can only change that once

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

yes, but you would still only need 25mm of adjustability if you had the
correct sized seatpost for your height.

Ken

Disc: short guy

Old August 4th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

I think there won't be any revisions to major components except for the
new geared hub until '09, at least.

Kris said the geared hub may be out this fall , but may take until
spring '08, or longer. They will be ready when they are ready.

I think a reinforced seatpost for the 20 is likely, since it is
_*badly_*_needed (IMO one like the new Qu-Ax, but made of aluminum
would work well, maybe front and back and/or a gusset, like the
reinforcement on the '07 DX's). Some also have problems w/ the bike
type post, so that one should be reinforced where the post meats the
rail clamps, but less urgent than the 20's post.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 4th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

banjo_gun_snake_wheels wrote:
Is it odd right now that almost everywhere is out or is that pretty much
the norm?

Well, the reason everywhere is out of stock is because they all get it
from the same source, UDC. Once UDC runs out, none of the bike shops or
online stores will have any stock to ship.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com