Fitting Vredestein Scarab tyres

Old August 8th 05, 09:34 AM
Jerry

Default Fitting Vredestein Scarab tyres

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone other then me has problems fitting Vredestein
Scarab 26*1.75 tyres? I first installed these on a mountain bike about 6
months ago. I find them great to ride for the side of riding I do (road and
gravelly tracks), but a real pain to fit as they often do not like to sit
evenly round the rim, no matter how many tries I try to fit them, and this
makes for an uneven ride. (And I wonder if the bad fit increases the risk of
flats). The rim tip is in good condition.

Someone on the net recommended using soap round the rim, I tried this but it
didn't make any difference. The LBS managed to do fit them but even they
said it was tough, they had to use some sort of clamp to get the tyre on
evenly.

Does anyone have any other tips for fitting these things? Its a real pain
having to take the things to the LBS every time.

Thanks for any help
Jerry

Tubeless Tyres James Grabowski UK 9 May 15th 05 01:15 PM
Continental Attack Force tyres Tony Techniques 3 August 10th 04 03:56 PM
Fitting narrower tyres Jeremy Collins General 16 August 5th 04 12:21 PM
road tyres geepeetee General 3 July 28th 04 10:41 AM
20mm vs 23mm tyres Dave Australia 4 December 28th 03 12:49 PM