An important announcement

Old April 1st 05, 03:44 PM
Ryan Cousineau

Default An important announcement

Hi Folks:

As you know, one year ago I came out of the peloton, as it were, and
confessed that I was Fabrizio Mazzoleni.

Well, today, I have another announcement for you all: I, Fabrizio
Mazzoleni, am retiring from pro cycling. From now on, it's all cushy
consulting jobs, occasional charity rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

I have long felt that the greatest glory goes to those retire at the top
of their game, and I feel that now is the right time. My palmares,
including six consecutive victories in the Tour de Rêves, speak for
themselves.

But speaking of the top of my game, I feel I have done all I can in
rec.bicycles.* as well. So as of today, I am also retiring from posting
here. I have beat back the recumbent hordes, I have corrected the styles
of all those worth correcting, and I have done what I can to drive the
flock towards the promised land of Euro-Pro style and performance. If
you haven't made it by now, there's no hope for you.

I'd like to thank all those who made me what I am: my enemies list,
especially Jobst Brandt and the wonderful folks in the recumbent group;
everyone who didn't believe I existed; and last but not least, Ed the
Fred, who made everything possible.

Share & Enjoy,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old April 1st 05, 04:40 PM
Colorado Bicycler

And the "important" part of your announcement is?

Old April 1st 05, 04:46 PM
Neil Brooks

"Colorado Bicycler" wrote:

And the "important" part of your announcement is?

'Tis April Fool's Day, after all.

Ryan was just letting it all hang out....
Old April 1st 05, 04:48 PM
Art Harris

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

From now on, it's all cushy consulting jobs, occasional charity
rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

Your own bike shop??? Is that what Eddy would have done? How about your
own line of Pro-Level bikes and frames with all the right touches for
those aspiring to follow in your footsteps?

Art Harris

Old April 1st 05, 04:51 PM
Maggie

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
And the "important" part of your announcement is?

You just made me pee my pants. I'm still laughing.
PRICELESS.
All Good Things,
Maggie

Old April 1st 05, 05:13 PM
Colorado Bicycler

Of course!

Scrooge McFox

Old April 1st 05, 07:57 PM
GaryG

"Art Harris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

From now on, it's all cushy consulting jobs, occasional charity
rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

Your own bike shop??? Is that what Eddy would have done? How about your
own line of Pro-Level bikes and frames with all the right touches for
those aspiring to follow in your footsteps?

Art Harris

Bikes are too much like real work.

As the maven of all thing related to style and attitude, I think he should
start his own line of clothing and accessories. The product launch could be
staged on one of the haute couture runways in Milan...think skinny
Euro-models wearing bibs and jerseys as they saunter down the runway in
carbon fiber soled shoes with cleats, looking oh-so-serious.

GG

Old April 2nd 05, 03:13 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message ...
Hi Folks:

As you know, one year ago I came out of the peloton, as it were, and
confessed that I was Fabrizio Mazzoleni.

Well, today, I have another announcement for you all: I, Fabrizio
Mazzoleni, am retiring from pro cycling. From now on, it's all cushy
consulting jobs, occasional charity rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

With Ronde van Vlaanderen this Sunday Fabrizio wouldn't be making
any kind of retirement announcements.

Old April 2nd 05, 03:22 AM
Mike Kruger

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Art Harris" wrote in message

oups.com...
Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

From now on, it's all cushy consulting jobs, occasional

charity
rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

Your own bike shop??? Is that what Eddy would have done?

How about your
own line of Pro-Level bikes and frames with all the right

touches for
those aspiring to follow in your footsteps?

Bikes are too much like real work.

As the maven of all thing related to style and attitude, I

think he should
start his own line of clothing and accessories. The product

launch could be
staged on one of the haute couture runways in Milan...think

skinny
Euro-models wearing bibs and jerseys as they saunter down

the runway in
carbon fiber soled shoes with cleats, looking oh-so-serious.

Now we're on the right track. Or maybe a gig on "Queer Eye
for the Straight Guy".

Old April 2nd 05, 04:36 AM
Tom Keats

In article edn3e.872459$6l.277758@pd7tw2no,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message ...
Hi Folks:

As you know, one year ago I came out of the peloton, as it were, and
confessed that I was Fabrizio Mazzoleni.

Well, today, I have another announcement for you all: I, Fabrizio
Mazzoleni, am retiring from pro cycling. From now on, it's all cushy
consulting jobs, occasional charity rides, and maybe my own bike shop.

With Ronde van Vlaanderen this Sunday Fabrizio wouldn't be making
any kind of retirement announcements.

Fabs, you're alive!

Thank God! Or Satan.

Whomever.

What's the correct tire colour this year,
and how should one coordinate around it?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.