Logo-less King Headsets!

Old July 31st 05, 09:17 PM
Llatikcuf

Default Logo-less King Headsets!

Maybe this is old news, but-

Peter White sells Chris King Headsets without the King logo.

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/headsets.asp

-n
Old July 31st 05, 09:50 PM
David White

I agree with him that they look nicer that way. However, since it says he will
only sell them with a complete bike, this is not too much help to most of us.

Old July 31st 05, 10:24 PM
Paul Scrutton

Ahh, but you could always re-sell the bike.

Actually I like the logo.

Paul

Old August 1st 05, 01:53 AM

king ceased offering logo-less headsets until about 7-8 months
ago. i have a stash; peter does as well. i argued with kcg about
this issue until i was face in the blue. they're not going to about
face this decision.
e-RICHIE©™®

Old August 1st 05, 02:38 AM

meant to type:

king ceased offering logo-less headsets about 7-8 months ago...
snipped
e-RICHIE©™®

Old August 1st 05, 05:41 PM
maxo

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:49:31 -0400, Alex Rodriguez wrote:

I prefer to
not advertise for the manufacturer

Totally agree with you.

I don't mind the small stickers on rims, tiny logos on tires, or even the
traditional makers mark on handlebars--but other than that I always
"de-badge" my bikes by peeling off the stickers unless they're clear
coated, in which case matching electrical tape does the trick. Head badges
are allowed. :P I know having the maker's logo on the down tube is
traditional, but I find it as ugly as if somebody had silk screened
"volkswagen" in half meter letters down the side of my car.

Worst offender I had was a Marin with logos on the seatpost, stem, and
bars in big black letters. It already says Marin on the downtube, what's
the bloody point? Steel wool removes silk screening from aluminium w/o
nary a trace.

Old August 1st 05, 11:21 PM
bfd

Why not? Its good marketing. Since everybody and their grandma think so
highly of CK headsets, it should advertise. After all, would you sell a
frameset WITHOUT decals?

Mountain Bikers Do $10,000 of Damage to King County, WA, Park SuperG Mountain Biking 1 July 5th 05 08:26 AM
King of all holidays [email protected] General 0 March 14th 05 07:32 AM
Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day History Quiz! Ray Sersharp Racing 0 January 18th 05 05:02 AM
handlebar height n crowley General 35 April 19th 04 07:12 PM
Say it aint so Shimano ... PART 2 Donald Gillies Techniques 64 September 4th 03 06:46 PM