Should we make people pass a cycling/motorcycle test before a drivingtest?

Old October 12th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
alan.holmes

Default Should we make people pass a cycling/motorcycle test before a driving test?

"BOFH" wrote in message
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

uk.rec.driving

meet the obsessed, militant footsoldiers you share the road with.

I think you all need to talk this through

ALL car drivers shold have to ride a cycle for at least a year on the road
every day before getting a driving licence for a car.

Alan

Old October 13th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
S'mee

On Oct 12, 4:27*am, "Road_Hog" wrote:
"BOFH" wrote in message

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

uk.rec.driving

meet the obsessed, militant footsoldiers you share the road with.

I think you all need to talk this through

All cyclists should be shot on site, except the lycra wearing ones, who
should be hung, drawn and quartered.- Hide quoted text -

Funny that's what I DO to all suv's and anyone of the breed wearing a
blue tooth or holding phone...them I just give a cocktail.

OAAAMOF I am better than all you stupid cage monkeys...better looking
to.
--
Keith
Old October 14th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 10, 10:47*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

I've been riding bicycles since I was about 4 and motorcycles since I
was about 10, but I keep crashing my car into other cars because it
won't fit through gaps - I reckon I should drive trucks for a while.

Have you tried SUVs? They brave their way around, even when they are
busy on the phone.
Old October 14th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 10, 10:43 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

How about needing to pass a test and get licensed to post to Usenet?

Simply some people should not be driving!

Simply, some people should not be posting to Usenet.

Au contraire, mon frere! The freedoms we have left
/must/ be kept open. As wuzzhisname once paraphrasedly
said: "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll
defend to the death your right to say it."

That's what makes our Western culture so much more
progressive than those Old World cultures that get
a collective hair up their collective ass about
newspaper cartoons depicting Muhammet, and books by
Salman Rushdie et al.

So I see Banana Boy is now resorting to the ancient,
wearisome, cyclists-should-be-licensed argument.
That car-drivers' anti-bicycle canard is over a
century old. You'd think people would get a clue
by now.

At least we're free to rebut.

Without getting decapitated. Just investigated ;-)

And that's what's better about Western/New World society.

Yeah, our culture is simply much more open than Muslim culture as
witnessed in the Middle East under those regimes supported by the West
because it simply gets good deals.

But in light of some tendencies common in the last few years, we may
soon be there.
Old October 14th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 10, 11:57 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:

Simply, some people should not be posting to Usenet.

Au contraire, mon frere! The freedoms we have left
/must/ be kept open. As wuzzhisname once paraphrasedly
said: "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll
defend to the death your right to say it."
[...]

This was a hint, not an advocation for newsgroup moderation.

No, that was more than a hint. I'm pretty tired of
his blather too. But y'know what? He's like those
stoopid false teeth things that ya wind up, and they
chatter across a tabletop for a while, and it's
supposed to be amusing, but it isn't because it's
so old. That's what CommandanteBanana _is_. That's
/all/ he is, and all he ever will be -- an annoying
kibbitzer with nothing meaningful or useful to say.

Annoying houseflies you can swat. But annoying
kibbitzers? shrug The only way to get rid of them
is to direct them toward something else they can pester
even worse.

Imagine how boring life would be with the usual news. Terrorism,
financial crisis, SUV commercials, and the 2008 elections...

That's why we are here, right?

Old October 14th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 10, 11:12*pm, "S'mee" wrote:
On Oct 10, 4:03*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:

Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Yeah and? You are stating the obvious...tha's why the unwashed masses
wont go for it.

Simply some people should not be driving!

Thankyou Cpt. Obvious.

"It's important to push for the obvious, because they push for the
things that make a profit, and that's obviously stupid."

-Great Thoughts by Comandante Banana
Old October 14th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 11, 12:23*am, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Oct 10, 6:03*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote: Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

I would say a bicycling test once a year in grades 3-10 ages 8-16,
call it pre-drivers education. *Then when you are old enough to get a
car drivers license, you just need to learn about cars, you already
know the rules of the road.

Yeah, and you'd learn the rules, not from the viewpoint of the
predator (car, SUV), but the viewpoint of the prey (bicycle,
motorcycle).
Old October 14th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 11, 1:00*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:

wrote:
Case in point is how we should make people pass a cycling/motorcycle
test and if they fail that test they won't have a chance with the
driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a few cones with a
bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are bound to be cyclists
or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

I would say a bicycling test once a year in grades 3-10 ages 8-16,
call it pre-drivers education. *Then when you are old enough to get a
car drivers license, you just need to learn about cars, you already
know the rules of the road.

If you're proceeding in a straight line along a highway,
you have the right to expect nobody will obtrusively
interfere with your line of travel (your ROW.) *But they
might, so watch out.

Slower traffic keeps to the right (North America,) allowing
faster traffic to pass on the left.

..

These are the rules of the road I learned at age 7.

Then at age 21 you learn the only law out there is the law of physics,
ie. the big vehicles bullies the little one.
Old October 14th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

On Oct 11, 5:41 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
Case in point is how we should make people pass a
cycling/motorcycle test and if they fail that test they won't have
a chance with the driving test! Why? Because it's better to knock a
few cones with a bicycle, than with a car, where those cones are
bound to be cyclists or pedestrians in real life.

Simply some people should not be driving!

-------* ----- WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION? (reason #103: because
bananas will never be biofuel for cars!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Oh, it's the ****ing idiot again. Take your cross-posting ****
elsewhere.

I only see posts form this idiot when someone responds to him (like
you). Put him in your killfile, life is much too short to waste telling
trolls to shut up.- Hide quoted text -

You should go and listen to the presidential debates. Or perhaps Tom
and Jerry, which are quite fun, but never dangerous.