wheel lacing

Old October 13th 20, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default wheel lacing

I have a 24 hole kinlin rim that is good. I have the same rim that is a 28 hole that is not good. This rim is a 2 cross rear spokes. Is there any possibility I can re-lace the 24 hole rim with 2 cross and use the same spokes ..The spoke lengths are 279 and 282. I know I sound crazy but I have to think outside the box and frankly I am willing to try if it can work. Somewhere I am going to have to skip holes?

Deacon Mark
Old October 13th 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 12:20:27 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a 24 hole kinlin rim that is good. I have the same rim that is a 28 hole that is not good. This rim is a 2 cross rear spokes. Is there any possibility I can re-lace the 24 hole rim with 2 cross and use the same spokes .The spoke lengths are 279 and 282. I know I sound crazy but I have to think outside the box and frankly I am willing to try if it can work. Somewhere I am going to have to skip holes?

Deacon Mark

I have a 24 hole Novatec hub that you can have if you'd like it. It is presently a Campy Freehub but I'm sure that you can get a Shimano on eBay fairly cheap. The rim is a carbon 50 mm deep that has delaminated so the spokes are no doubt the incorrect length.