Bike rider in critical condition after accident

Old July 18th 05, 09:55 PM
Garrison Hilliard

Default Bike rider in critical condition after accident

Bike rider in critical condition after accident

The Enquirer

FORT THOMAS – A Bellevue man is in critical condition after a bicycle accident
this morning.

A passing motorist found Timothy Greis, 22, lying unconscious in the grass along
Newman Avenue, near the intersection of Carriage House Drive at about 5:15 a.m.,
police said. Greis was transported by the Fort Thomas Fire Department to
University Hospital in Cincinnati, where he remained unconscious this morning.

Fort Thomas Police Lt. Mark Dill said there was no indication Greis was hit by a
car. He said Greis was not wearing a helmet.

A complete reconstruction report on the accident is expected to be completed
later this week.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...0103/307180003
Old July 18th 05, 10:53 PM
Rich

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Bike rider in critical condition after accident

Fort Thomas Police Lt. Mark Dill said there was no indication Greis was hit by a
car. He said Greis was not wearing a helmet.

He should have been wearing a helmet.
Old July 18th 05, 11:02 PM
gds

Rich wrote:
Garrison Hilliard wrote:
He said Greis was not wearing a helmet.

He should have been wearing a helmet.

From the estimated time of the accident he should have been wearing a

light!

Old July 19th 05, 01:46 AM
Don Wiss

On 18 Jul 2005 15:02:22 -0700, gds wrote:

From the estimated time of the accident he should have been wearing a light!

Yea. In Cincinnati on Monday twilight was 5:55am, and sun rise: 6:26am.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old July 19th 05, 02:49 AM
Rich

Don Wiss wrote:

Yea. In Cincinnati on Monday twilight was 5:55am, and sun rise: 6:26am.

I recently rode in Cincinnati (as well as some other locations in Ohio)
and found it quite unpleasent. Narrow roads, no bike lanes, etc.. I
didn't realize how good we have it here in Colorado.

Rich
Old July 19th 05, 03:58 AM
Dane Jackson

Rich wrote:
Don Wiss wrote:

Yea. In Cincinnati on Monday twilight was 5:55am, and sun rise: 6:26am.

I recently rode in Cincinnati (as well as some other locations in Ohio)
and found it quite unpleasent. Narrow roads, no bike lanes, etc.. I
didn't realize how good we have it here in Colorado.

I think you forgot suicidal incompetent drivers. On second thought,
after living there seven years, I *know* you did.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good
Old July 19th 05, 07:41 AM
Bob

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Bike rider in critical condition after accident

The Enquirer

FORT THOMAS - A Bellevue man is in critical condition after a bicycle accident
this morning.

A passing motorist found Timothy Greis, 22, lying unconscious in the grass along
Newman Avenue, near the intersection of Carriage House Drive at about 5:15 a.m.,
police said. Greis was transported by the Fort Thomas Fire Department to
University Hospital in Cincinnati, where he remained unconscious this morning.

Fort Thomas Police Lt. Mark Dill said there was no indication Greis was hit by a
car. He said Greis was not wearing a helmet.

A complete reconstruction report on the accident is expected to be completed
later this week.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...0103/307180003

If there was no indication that he'd been struck by a car and no
witnesses to any crash, I have to wonder. Exactly how does one
determine that an injured unconscious person lying near but not *on*
the roadway has been in a traffic crash? Most of the people I've found
in that condition have been drunks that fell and hurt themselves
(perhaps that's what the article means by "accident"?) or victims of
violent crime.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old July 19th 05, 05:43 PM
C.J.Patten

In fairness, if sunrise is in half an hour, that makes it officially "civil
daylight" and, as I understand it, there's no legal requirement for lights -
nor any real need as it's already light out.

(please don't get started on "civil twilight is when the center of the suns
disc is 6 degrees below the ideal horizon..."

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On 18 Jul 2005 15:02:22 -0700, gds wrote:

From the estimated time of the accident he should have been wearing a
light!

Old July 19th 05, 09:29 PM
Florence Henderson Had A Mullet

Suburban Cincinnati has positively the worst drivers anywhere.

Don't know about the other counties, but in Campbell County, people with
friends in high places can pretty much bribe the county to do as they
please.

--

Buy my book he

http://www.lulu.com/content/112781 (recommended)
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...sbn=1411626559
Old July 20th 05, 04:19 AM
Chris Neary

If there was no indication that he'd been struck by a car and no
witnesses to any crash, I have to wonder. Exactly how does one
determine that an injured unconscious person lying near but not *on*
the roadway has been in a traffic crash?

Pretty simple for a decent coroner to look for evidence of external trauma
which consistent with being hit by a vehicle and *not* consistent with
falling off a bike.

Yep, the wife makes me watch too much Court TV.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh