Opening weekend delight

Old December 15th 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Default Opening weekend delight

Once again, Aspen was blessed with a BIG storm on opening weekend for
Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk. Aspen Mtn. and Snowmass have been open
for a couple of weeks. Over a meter of snow fell on the slopes, which
made for some memorable turns. AND for some challenging Unicyling, so
that is why this is in RSU. Powder turns in the morning, and 36er riding
in the afternoon. The roads were buff white, temperature was -18 C, and
the sky was dumping snow. I road only about 16 km's, but between the
cold and the daylight running out, that was all I had in me. Fun to be
back in winter full on, so I can tele ski, snowboard, and uni all in the
same day. Happy Holidays

|Filename: lily and dad on ex001.JPG |

aspenmike
Old December 15th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

in town looking towards aspen mtn.
first pic was my daughter and i on aspen highlands, getting ready to
shred the gnar

|Filename: coker on pile 001.JPG |

aspenmike
Old December 15th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Mike
Always love your pics. thanks for sharing

--
rem48
Old December 15th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

Mike. Your one of the few people I know that consider a big storm to be
a blessing Thanks for the photo's.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old December 15th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shug

That is so much cool!
Envy....... enjoy.

--
Shug

Industrial Strength Chafing
Old December 15th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Shred the Gnar indeed!

I was lucky enough to be in Vail yesterday for the 12" of fresh snow. A
great day of face-shots.

It was great till my buddy set off the slide that closed Blue Sky
Basin.

Speaking of slides...Did you know Cory?

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old December 15th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

rem48;1150176 wrote:
Mike
Always love your pics. thanks for sharing

love hearing that you love the pics, your welcome.

Harley wrote:
Mike. Your one of the few people I know that consider a big storm to be
a blessing Thanks for the photo's.

BIG storms are just amazing, being part of them is really quite epic. I
put in almost an 11 hr workday on ski patrol on Saturday. I was part of
avalanche control routes, medical assistance on the hill, and opening of
runs. I was outside 9 out of the 11 hrs, it was one of the best days
because of that. Like I said years ago in this forum: There is no such
thing as bad weather, just bad clothing!

bondo wrote:
Shred the Gnar indeed!
I was lucky enough to be in Vail yesterday for the 12" of fresh snow. A
great day of face-shots. It was great till my buddy set off the slide
that closed Blue Sky Basin.
Speaking of slides...Did you know Cory?

Glad your friend was ok, my long time friend did not make it My he
rest in peace.
Starting to snow again here, could be phat Tuesday

--
aspenmike

Opening weekend videos Ted van de Weteringe Racing 0 March 2nd 08 07:16 PM
Alpine Delight JoeDe Australia 5 November 19th 07 02:24 AM
What's Harder? Alpine Classic or Delight JoeD Australia 29 November 23rd 06 10:33 PM
Belgian Delight Donald Munro Racing 0 April 25th 05 08:48 AM
"much to the delight of all my lady-fans"... zach_jucha Unicycling 9 October 2nd 03 01:12 AM