FA: Raleigh International 57 cm frame and Campagnolo Parts

Old November 26th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Jeff[_11_]

Default FA: Raleigh International 57 cm frame and Campagnolo Parts

I have a Raleigh International frame for auction on eBay.

The URL with pictures is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raleigh-Inte...-/330647569898

and the words are

This is a 57 cm classic Raleigh International steel (Reynolds 531)
frame in restoreable condition. Includes Campagnolo Nuevo Record
derailleurs, Campagnolo brakes, Campagnolo headset, and Cenelli bars.
Also has Suntour bar-end shifters, and includes a pump and water
bottle cage.

The chrome has some light surface rust, but it will clean up nice. No
dents or major scratches, but shows some signs of wear. Has the fancy
chrome lugs and frame ends with Campagnolo dropouts.

On Nov-25-11 at 09:13:15 PST, seller added the following information:

Thanks to some sharp-eyed bidders, I'm sorry to have to report that
this frame has some accident damage which I did not notice before. I
added a picture which shows the distortion in the top tube, and there
is also a ripple in the down tube close to the head tube.

I could only add one more picture to the auction, but I have a couple
of more that further illustrate the damage to the top tube. Email me
if you want to see the other two pictures. The total length of the
"bend" in the top tube is approximately 9 inches. The bottom of the
top tube has a slight "ding" -- it almost seams that it was struck
with something that caused the damage. But maybe that's just the way
it bent when whatever accident occurred.

Curiously enough, the fork appears to not be damaged. The headset does
not bind up, and visually I cannot see any evidence of a bend. Perhaps
the fork was replaced after the accident?

This frame is too big for me so I have never ridden it, but before the
auction ends I'll try to put some wheels on it and see how it rides in
it's damaged condition.

I am also willing to strip the Campy components off and send them to
the winning bidder if s/he is not interested in paying the shipping
for the frame. The components minus the handlebars should fit into a
USPS medium flat-rate box and ship for about eleven bucks.