A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Stretching SIDI shoes?

Old June 17th 16, 09:10 PM

First recorded activity by CycleBanter: Jun 2016

I have pair of Sidis that I've had for 12 years. They kept their shape throughout and never stretched on their own. But now I want to stretch them so I have room for an thicker insole. Also, I think my feet have widened. I have learned that yes, you can stretch Lorica. I was able to widen mine a half size from 43 to 43.5.

First, I sprayed Meltonian Shoe Stretch to the inside and outside until it was drenched. This softened the material a lot I noticed. Then I inserted a shoe stretcher ($19),cranked on the pressure, and left it in until the shoe stretch evaporated (it's mostly alcohol so it only took 30 minutes). The shoes stayed stretched and did not return to their original size. I would imagine I could repeat it a couple of times, if I wanted more stretch. Hope that helps.
Ads