Stretching SIDI shoes?

Old June 17th 16, 09:10 PM
Drew Wilkins Drew Wilkins is offline
Junior Member

I have pair of Sidis that I've had for 12 years. They kept their shape throughout and never stretched on their own. But now I want to stretch them so I have room for an thicker insole. Also, I think my feet have widened. I have learned that yes, you can stretch Lorica. I was able to widen mine a half size from 43 to 43.5.

First, I sprayed Meltonian Shoe Stretch to the inside and outside until it was drenched. This softened the material a lot I noticed. Then I inserted a shoe stretcher ($19),cranked on the pressure, and left it in until the shoe stretch evaporated (it's mostly alcohol so it only took 30 minutes). The shoes stayed stretched and did not return to their original size. I would imagine I could repeat it a couple of times, if I wanted more stretch. Hope that helps.

The Effects of Hiking Shoes on Wildlife and People -- [email protected] Mountain Biking 3 June 1st 06 04:46 PM
New Sidi shoes Chris M Techniques 0 September 13th 05 11:07 PM
WTT: Sidi Energy Shoes for SPD-SL Pedals tlarwa Marketplace 0 July 24th 05 09:39 PM
Noise from Sidi Dominator shoes? B. B. Kosicki Techniques 3 July 21st 05 06:51 AM
FS: Sidi Ergo Carbon Mesh road shoes, 46.5 Chip Atkins Marketplace 0 July 16th 04 01:01 AM