cycling in Kalamazoo

Old June 10th 16, 12:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default cycling in Kalamazoo

No, no road chaos...well, a rumor or 2.

We reported on this in:

And now a word from Colorado Cyclist

CC, an upscale purveyor was selling pipes formed like a large penis.

400 buck see thru cycle suits...

Insurance went up, State...run by DOR...does not crunch stats into dope/not dope.

Colorodians know driving.
Old June 10th 16, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike A Schwab

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 6:34:39 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
deleted

In the link I provided it was stated that the driver was driving very erratically for quite some time before running into those 9 bicyclists. It wouldn't have mattered where they were on the road because that driver was all over it.

It's long past time to start charging DUIs that result in deat as murders.

Cheers

9th DUI in 36 years, still had license.
Got life with no parole for 30 years. He will be 86 when he might get out.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...st-7970363.php
Old June 10th 16, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 10/06/2016 10:03 AM, Mike A Schwab wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 6:34:39 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
deleted

In the link I provided it was stated that the driver was driving very erratically for quite some time before running into those 9 bicyclists. It wouldn't have mattered where they were on the road because that driver was all over it.

It's long past time to start charging DUIs that result in deat as murders.

Cheers

9th DUI in 36 years, still had license.
Got life with no parole for 30 years. He will be 86 when he might get out.
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...st-7970363.php

It's one thing when we're talking about DUIs and it's good to see
prosecution but the case in Michigan is a murder of at least 5 people.
This is a least a manslaughter charge but I think he is being prosecuted
for second degree murder.

Do we know if the guy in Kalamazoo was drunk?

Old June 10th 16, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 10:20:08 AM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
[...]

The first image on this page shows the remains of 7 of the bicycles.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...least_4_i.html

I didn't look at the other images.

The 1st large image here shows the road which is straight with very good sight lines.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/s...ists/85585244/.

This page has a very interesting comment.

http://wincountry.com/news/articles/...-of-kalamazoo/

"UPDATE - 6/8 at 10:05 a.m.: State Sen. Margaret O' Brien, R-Portage, has released a statement:

"Kalamazoo County has again experienced a senseless tragedy. Nine people were randomly attacked while enjoying a bicycle ride. No explanation can bring back the lives of the five people killed."

Five counts of second degree murder.

http://www.theatlantic.com/news/arch...cident/486140/

"Charles Pickett Jr. faces five counts of second-degree murder for the bicyclists that died in the crash, and four counts of reckless driving causing serious impairment for the bicyclists injured in the crash. He could face up to life in prison if convicted of murder. The reckless driving counts are punishable by up to five years in prison."

Cheers
Old June 10th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 10/06/2016 12:41 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Well Joerg thinks that if they had a bright light it would have saved
them from being "attacked while they were enjoying a bicycle ride" ...
Old June 10th 16, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:04:41 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
[...]

he also thinks he can tell if it's braking or not!

Cheers
Old June 10th 16, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 10/06/2016 1:41 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

It's pretty bright out at 6:30. If you can't see 9 people on bicycles
in front of you I'm not buying that a red blinky is going to help. It's
amazing to me how a cyclist would put the blame on the riders in this case.
Old June 10th 16, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 10:31:13 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

I believe that drunk driving laws in some European countries are quite
harsh. The U.S., I think, uses a blood level of 0.08 as a determining
factor while Sweden imposes a penalty of 6 months in jail for 0.02
(and two years for 0.010).

Never been to Sweden. But it seems odd they impose four times the penalty for one half the violation. Them Scandanavians must have a very different outlook on the way life works. Death sentence for jaywalking and a prize and parade for mass murder?
Old June 10th 16, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:44:35 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
[...]

RBT is a discussion group not a tribunal.

I herd the fat woman saw the accident while mowing her lawn.

The road structure suggests the cyclists road out in front of the truck...wearing what ?

3. Picket, an unfortunate name, is not on good terms with the DA.
Old June 11th 16, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 6:53:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

EGADS! You're even worse than Jeorg regarding this. What planet are you getting your information from?

Cheers