Gen3 LED headlight

Old July 11th 04, 04:42 PM
Mark Stone

Default Gen3 LED headlight

Sorry about the crosspost, but there were threads in regards the
Performance Viewpoint Gen3 light in both wreck.bicycles. tech and misc
--

I got one at the Perf website (I do a lot of business with this
company), and I'm very happy with the light. It's as bright as a 10W

--Mark
Old July 12th 04, 04:54 AM
Collin

Mark Stone wrote:

Sorry about the crosspost, but there were threads in regards the
Performance Viewpoint Gen3 light in both wreck.bicycles. tech and misc
--

I got one at the Perf website (I do a lot of business with this
company), and I'm very happy with the light. It's as bright as a 10W
halogen as claimed, but it's -- umm -- different, sort of eerie, but
it lights up the road very well. The beam is very directional (I can
read the year minted on a quarter at 40 meters) so much that at first
you don't think it's gonna light up anything else, but when you ride
down a very dark street the spread is nice. I recommend it.

--Mark

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how these lights stack up, since
the "10-watt" claim seemed pretty iffy. Most LED's have a higher color
temperature - shifted toward the violet end of the spectrum, is that the
"eerie" feel? Incidentally, it's ten bucks cheaper if you buy it
straight from Night Hawk.

-Collin
Old July 13th 04, 03:59 AM
Mark Stone

Collin wrote in message igy.com...

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how these lights stack up, since
the "10-watt" claim seemed pretty iffy. Most LED's have a higher color
temperature - shifted toward the violet end of the spectrum, is that the
"eerie" feel? Incidentally, it's ten bucks cheaper if you buy it
straight from Night Hawk.

-Collin

Yeah, sort of violet and ghost-like. However, it tosses out a lot of
light for 4 AA's. I thought of going straight to Night Hawk but
couldn't find them on the 'net-- but the $60 price tag at
Performancebike seemed reasonable enuff. Besides, I've done business
with Performance for 11 or 12 years, and I feel uncomfortable using a
company on the internet for the first time.

--Mark
Old July 13th 04, 04:48 AM
Mike Schwab

I really like my Cateye Opticube. I bought it for a temporary, until I
could transfer my http://www.nite-hawk.com $45 lights 96 volt 5 watt 4
hours. Ilike the Cateye so much, I have not bothered using the nite
hawk from my other bicycle. The first set of batteries leaked, but had
quite a few hours on them.