blame it on the rain: night ride

Old June 17th 05, 03:12 PM
lowkey

Default blame it on the rain: night ride

On the plus side the heat wave finally broke [Low last night 10c] and the
Air Quality Index got back down to Blue, which is Very Good and a numerical
10.

I think the same people who designed the US's Homeland Security threat
Colour code designed Ontario's AQI colour code.

Other than local sources of pollution we get air poison from the US Midwest
[Couldja' take it easy on us you Midwesterners? Please?? Ride your bikes
more.] Not that our hands are clean. Ontario's pollution gets carried
downwind to New England and Quebec [Sorry about that, Marlene]

The negative side was that it took a lot of rain. But then, I actually
enjoy watching an energetic thunder-boomer from my balcony. Though it scares
the bejesus out of the critter. The problem is the rain limits riding and
make the trails too soggy for at least a couple days. Hopefully by Saturday.

So I finally got out late last night for a tour around town. Went through
downtown, the bar district and watched as a bouncer and drunk patron argued.
Pedalled north through residential and parks areas, taking advantage of
deserted streets to dawdle and slalom all over the empty streets. Many many
dog walkers about. None, save one, seemed enraged by a cyclist, but his
owner kept him leashed and under control.

2 hours, 45 km, and a slice of pizza as reward.

Oh, If anyone is interested I used the down time to upload more photos,
organize them, an add short descriptions if anyone is interested. Feedback
welcome:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/siklelogical/my_photos

--
'Loaded like a freight train