Weirding out my daughter's friend

Old June 8th 05, 02:51 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:30:29 -0600, "Matthew"
wrote:

They have weights at the gym too. You should try them sometime.

Who needs it? Buy a Brompton and get the upper-body workout as you
carry it to and from the train platform :-)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

"Let’s have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle."
- Earl Blumenauer
Old June 8th 05, 02:51 PM
Maggie

C.J.Patten wrote:

"Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck
in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle." -
Earl Blumenauer.

ROTFLMAO! What a great quote!!!

I really do not think the people who join gyms do so to ride a
stationary bike. You can buy a stationary for a lot less than a gym
membership.

When I go to my gym the only thing I do not have to wait in line for,
or sign up for are the bicycles.

Most of the people I see at the gym are working with the weights. Free
weights and weight machines. The classes are also crammed with people.

I think alot of people go to the gym for the classes where they receive
guidance and instruction. They also like the pool and saunas. Getting
a massage is also a plus. ;-)

Cycling is a good thing. Gyms are a good thing as well. Anything that
gets your ass off the couch is a good thing.

Maggie

It was hot
She was cool and sultry
We made love
I was broke and lonely

RS-

Old June 8th 05, 02:54 PM
Maggie

Well if she's a total wimp, he requires a more suitable model ;-)

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

Maggie

Old June 8th 05, 02:57 PM
C.J.Patten

"Matthew" wrote in message

C.J.Patten wrote in message

You know, a gym membership is expensive - never mind the time spent

like a hamster on the equipment.

They have weights at the gym too. You should try them sometime.

Now now... I think my original message has been misconstrued.

I did point out I had friends with club memberships - I have no issue with
that. I just happen to have a set of weights at home - nevermind the nearest
gym is about a 45minute drive away from me...

My point was, the OP's daughter's friend (OPDF? didn't seem to "get it"
when it came to a healthy lifestyle.

Old June 8th 05, 02:58 PM
Will

Maggie wrote:

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

No, it's like livestock. He should check her gait and her teeth.

Old June 8th 05, 03:03 PM
Maggie

AustinMN wrote:
Maggie blurted out:
God knows my parents looked at my generation (60's) and thought we were
all nuts.

Being a child of the 70's, I look back and conclude you really were all
nuts. ;-)

Austin

OK....you were a child born out of the ERA OF DISCO and you are telling
me we were nuts. What the heck is worse than Disco?

DO THE HUSTLE!!!

Maggie

Old June 8th 05, 03:13 PM
wafflycat

"Will" wrote in message
ups.com...

Maggie wrote:

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

No, it's like livestock. He should check her gait and her teeth.

Indeed ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old June 8th 05, 03:14 PM
wafflycat

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well if she's a total wimp, he requires a more suitable model ;-)

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

Maggie

A tractor may well prove to be more reliable ;-)

Old June 8th 05, 03:25 PM
jj

On 8 Jun 2005 06:58:01 -0700, "Will" wrote:

Maggie wrote:

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

No, it's like livestock. He should check her gait and her teeth.

Please enclose picture...of tractor.

jj

Old June 8th 05, 03:35 PM
Dane Jackson

Will wrote:

Maggie wrote:

Wait who wrote the above sentence? A more suitable model???? What is
he doing, buying a tractor?

No, it's like livestock. He should check her gait and her teeth.

Hey! This *is* a cycling newsgroup. That should be *cadence* not gait.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'.

My Best Friend Tilly UK 35 May 17th 05 08:57 PM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Non riding friend pi**ed me off today Barry Gaudet General 32 August 18th 04 06:34 PM
A new friend dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 6 April 17th 04 06:47 PM
Ahh! PITA tubulars and old bikes Phil, Squid-in-Training Techniques 6 August 14th 03 06:59 AM