No more studded tires

Old March 31st 04, 12:28 PM
Per Elmsäter

Default No more studded tires

Rode my Nokian Extremes for the last time yesterday evening. I had some
advantage on the left over ice fields, but my buddies did OK and could often
go around the ice. Hehe there were a couple of icy hills where I didn't have
to walk and they did, but that will be gone in only days now. It was really
wet and mucky though. But oh soooo.... nice to be back whithout all that
winter gear. Only two weeks ago we couldn't make it through and had to
carry our bikes through the snow. As soon as I post this I am going out to
but my Schwalbe UST Jimmys back on. Those tires will be really nice until
everything dries up. Been thinking about putting some Schwalbe Fast Freds on
later in the spring when it gets harder underneath. Lots of rocky slabs and
dirttrails covered with roots in between. Any comments?

--
Perre

Old March 31st 04, 10:45 PM
D T W .../\\...

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
[...]

Took mine off a few weeks ago here in New England. Lost @ 10 studs in the
rear and a few up front this year. Do you bother to replace them?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Old April 1st 04, 10:09 AM
Per Elmsäter

D T W .../\... wrote:
[...]

I've only lost two studs on my Extremes and none on my W240 on the hybrid.
So I wouldn't bother. I didn't even know you could replace them. How is that
done?

--
Perre

Old April 2nd 04, 02:23 AM
D T W .../\\...

Took mine off a few weeks ago here in New England. Lost @ 10 studs
in the rear and a few up front this year. Do you bother to replace
them?

I've only lost two studs on my Extremes and none on my W240 on the hybrid.
So I wouldn't bother. I didn't even know you could replace them. How is

that
done?

--
Perre

It was a trick question Perre. I've been told that Nokian doesn't sell
replacement studs here in the US. I was wondering if they were available in
Europe. Some studded tire mfg's have a stud replacing procedure.

Old April 2nd 04, 10:29 AM

I took the Snowman off my front door this morning.

I MTB 2004

Studded tires R Christensen General 2 January 27th 04 04:40 PM
bike stability and 32c tires Jack Murphy General 1 December 10th 03 05:19 AM
fatter tires? Mark J. Rosen Mountain Biking 11 December 4th 03 01:45 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 3 July 18th 03 08:18 PM