Campagnolo Front Mirage Triple derailleur clamp part # needed

Old July 30th 03, 11:15 PM
Peter

Default Campagnolo Front Mirage Triple derailleur clamp part # needed

Hi there I've just joined the group. I need a Campagnolo 32.? clamp for a
Mirage triple front derailleur. Can someone here tell me what the part
number is. My lbs doesn't have the number and orders from Marinoni Cycles in
Quebec. The clamp is needed to put my derailleur on my old Cannondale
touring frame.
While I'm here. Is it normal for a shop to only have access to a 42/52
crankset and not a 39/53 even though the 39/53 is listed as a stock set in
my small Campy catalogue? My lbs wants me to order the Veloce 42/52 and a 39
tooth chainring for an extra $58 Canadian. Is he just trying to make more
money? Thanks for your informed help.

Old August 2nd 03, 02:18 PM
Peter

(Paul Southworth) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Peter wrote:
Hi there I've just joined the group. I need a Campagnolo 32.? clamp for a
Mirage triple front derailleur. Can someone here tell me what the part
number is. My lbs doesn't have the number and orders from Marinoni Cycles in
Quebec. The clamp is needed to put my derailleur on my old Cannondale
touring frame.

Is the Mirage derailleur a braze-on style or a 28.6 clamp?

While I'm here. Is it normal for a shop to only have access to a 42/52
crankset and not a 39/53 even though the 39/53 is listed as a stock set in
my small Campy catalogue? My lbs wants me to order the Veloce 42/52 and a 39
tooth chainring for an extra $58 Canadian.

That is nuts. Don't do it.

--Paul

Hello there and thanks. Deraileur is a clamp on model and not a braze
on one. I had no intention of buying a 42/52 crankset and a 39 tooth
chainring. The shop I am refering to is a small one and it seems more
and more that the proprieter only wants sales and not service eg no
questions please just order the part, plunk your money down and get
out I have customers who want to spend big bucks. He also tells me
that only Miche makes a separate clamp for this derailleur. Actually
it is an adapter clamp for the braze on model so I am not sure my
clamp on style could be adapted to it.That a replacement Campy clamp
is not available is I know a bunch of El Toro Poo Poo as spare parts
availability is what Campy prides itself on. Another poster has kindly
provided the part number for the 32+mm clamp. I have decided to
patronize a different shop in another nearby city in order to get the
Mirage Clamp I need and also the cranksetin the fall. I think I will
go with a Triple 30-40-50 setup as I am currently running a used
28-38-48 Exage 300 on an experimental basis. Shifting is good and the
$2 price was an excellent value. The 30 tooth inner ring gives a nice
set of bailout gears at the end of a long ride on hills or in a stiff
headwind.

Front Derailleur problems (chain falls off inside) Post to newsgroup General 11 October 25th 03 03:18 AM
Braking Technique asqui Racing 55 July 25th 03 04:16 PM
front derailleur shim Robert Strickland Techniques 7 July 23rd 03 01:49 PM