Steeling another Ride

Old September 9th 16, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Steeling another Ride

On 2016-09-05 08:43, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
wrote in
:

Jay, I think that we know the source of all of the broken bottles. What
has happened to all of the street cleaners that use to run these
courses at least once every month? The only place I've see a street
cleaner recently was at a construction site.

If the puchasers have to pay a good deposit on the container, they will get
picked up and returned by rubbies who want more. (I witness this phenomenon
as I ride past the Beer Stores hereabouts before opening time--they form a
queue. Indeed, yesterday, I joined it, but my pigrimage is monthly.
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/locations/ottawa)

No more taxes. My solution is simple:

http://www.stanley-pmi.com/store/sta...ctID.333520800

It rides along on almost every bike ride. Even if I crash there won't be
any glass and chances are that the beer inside is still good. Yesterday
I was here and carried it back on bumpy singletrack:

http://www.eldobrew.com/beers/

The fuel costs on my bikes are higher than with my car :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old September 10th 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On 2016-09-05 08:43, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

Pick one: http://www.portlandbeer.org/breweries And since when is a bottle deposit a tax? You get the money back. I wish my taxes worked that way.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old September 10th 16, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-09-05 08:43, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
wrote in
:

[...]

Nice. I've got six brewpubs along my usual bike routes, plus another 2-3
with a slight detour. But now I also have my own brew. The IPA comes out
of carbonation on Wednesday and another Pale Ale went into the fermenter
on Thursday.

... And since when is a bottle deposit a tax? You get the money back.

In California since almost forever. They weigh the stuff unless you have
a small quantity. When you count the money versus the "refund value" you
quickly discover that you get back less than paid in CRV. To the point
where we don't do it anymore and recycle via the recycling bin where you
get zero back. Some of it is, therefore, a tax.