How critical is road bike tire pressure max?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 18th 18, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default How critical is road bike tire pressure max?

Just received some 25mm Vee Rubber road tires and it says 7bar 100psi
max on the side. That's a bit low for my taste.

The Zafiro I have on there now says 100psi min and 130psi max which is
more up my alley.

By how much can a low max rating be exceeded? I like 100-115psi on my
road bike in back. On the front I won't exceed the max because a
blow-out would be nasty and that carries less weight anyhow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Tubular tire advantage = able to run at high pressure or able to runat low pressure? Sir Ridesalot Techniques 16 May 10th 15 10:43 PM
Tire pressure Hydrophidian Unicycling 8 May 24th 08 01:03 AM
tire pressure snowkel Unicycling 6 August 5th 07 07:37 AM
Tire pressure and bad bike shop advice. [email protected] General 20 March 14th 06 05:33 PM
High pressure road tire for ATBs? Techniques 15 December 9th 03 08:47 AM