More cyclists getting in the way

Old March 30th 11, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default More cyclists getting in the way

http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the ones
causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting themselves into
stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Old March 30th 11, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default More cyclists being put at risk.

On Mar 30, 8:04*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the ones
causing the problems. *If cyclists will just stop putting themselves into
stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Your source starts by saying...

"If you've ever traversed your way around London's streets you know it
can be a daunting and dangerous task - both on foot and on bike!.."

So why do you think this is and what makes it so dangerous? I'll tell
you, DRIVERS!

Doug.
Old March 30th 11, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 30, 8:04*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the ones
causing the problems. *If cyclists will just stop putting themselves into
stupid positions then they will not get run over.

That's right Cheerless - blame the victim again. It was all their own
fault.
And those girls in short skirts - they're just asking for it.
Old March 30th 11, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the
ones causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting
themselves into stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Some cyclists do, and some (from this very newsgroup) also run/help out
in recognised cycle/cycling training schemes.

--
Paul - xxx
Old March 30th 11, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Paul - xxx wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the
ones causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting
themselves into stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Some cyclists do, and some (from this very newsgroup) also run/help
out in recognised cycle/cycling training schemes.

I am certain there are some excellent cyclists and I applaud the ones that
help to train others, unfortunately they are outnumbered thousands to one
against by cyclists that show no regard for anyone's safety including their
own.

Old March 30th 11, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:04 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are
the ones causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting
themselves into stupid positions then they will not get run over.

Your source starts by saying...

"If you've ever traversed your way around London's streets you know it
can be a daunting and dangerous task - both on foot and on bike!.."

So why do you think this is and what makes it so dangerous? I'll tell
you, DRIVERS!

Doug.

when I went to central London recently the endangerment and injury to
pedestrians that I saw all came from cyclists. If all cycling in London
was banned there would be zero cyclists squashed or injured and far fewer
pedestrian injuries. Drivers would be able to more attentive to the
remaining traffic/pedestrians and so would have fewer accidents too.

Old March 30th 11, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:

when I went to central London recently the endangerment and injury to
pedestrians that I saw all came from cyclists.

You need to go to Specsavers. TfL 2009 figures for Greater London:

Pedestrians injured by cyclists: 78
Pedestrians injured by motor vehicles: 5,049.

Bet you didn't really see a single pedestrian injury by a cyclist with only
one happening in the whole of London every 5 days.

--
Tony
Old March 30th 11, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Mrcheerful wrote:
If all cycling in London
was banned there would be zero cyclists squashed or injured...

True.

I like this concept, and feel it should be applied on
a wider basis.

If all driving in the UK were banned, over 2000 deaths
a year would be prevented.

Your idea is brilliant!

BugBear
Old March 30th 11, 12:58 PM
mischastar mischastar is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcheerful[_2_] View Post
http://www.hippyshopper.com/2011/03/..._cyclists.html

why don't cyclists campaign for cyclists to be trained?, they are the ones
causing the problems. If cyclists will just stop putting themselves into
stupid positions then they will not get run over.
That's a little unfair. This comment doesn't take into account the fact that people in cars feel superior to those on bikes. It's stupid.
Old March 30th 11, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 30, 9:13*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

when I went to central London recently the endangerment and injury to
pedestrians that I saw all came from cyclists.

Really? How many injuries to pedestrians by cyclists did you see?
You didn't see any endangerment to pedestrians caused by motor
vehicles?
We don't believe you.

*If all cycling in London
was banned there would be zero cyclists squashed or injured and far fewer
pedestrian injuries. *

You have excelled yourself here! Let's ban women and eliminate rape
too.

Drivers would be able to more attentive to the
remaining traffic/pedestrians and so would have fewer accidents too.

So, not only do you see cyclists as being at fault in all lorry/
cyclist accidents, you also blame cyclists for cars crashing into each
other?
Do you realise quite how mad you appear?

P.S. Dave - Bicycles are a great viable form of transport - pass it on!