What the Hell????

Old July 10th 11, 03:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default What the Hell????

On Jul 4, 6:21*am, Steve O wrote:
On 01/07/2011 02:45, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Jun 28, 4:16 pm, Steve *wrote:
On 28/06/2011 23:59, T m Sherm n _ *wrote:

On 6/28/2011 5:38 PM, Steve O Who? wrote:
Listen guys, I hope you don't mind me saying this.

This is an non-moderated newsgroup - you are free to *write* what you
want within the limits of libel laws and/or political repression of free
speech at your location.

Well actually, if you do, that's tough, because I'm going to say it
anyway...

If people went away because someone told them off, Usenet would be even
less populated than it is now.

..WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS NEWSGROUP?????

Welcome to Usenet.

Let me explain... I'm 49 years old , and have recently discovered the
joys of mountain biking.
It's like a second childhood- I bought myself a lovely little new hard
tail, and right at the back of my house there's a whole load of
interesting trails.
I had one of the most pleasant experiences of my life last week simply
cycling along the Trans-Pennine Trail for a whole day.
I've pretty much got the bug now, and have spent a good few hours
upgrading and maintaining my bike.

So, I'm looking around the internet for more info on this wonderful
activity and decide to find a newwsgroup to learn someting about the
sport and maybe get in touch with a few other like- minded people.

But browsing through the history of back posts in this NG, what do I see?

A whole load of bitching and **** all about this wonderful new activity
I've discovered for myself.
I mean, have you guys lost the way or something?

Yes.

All I can see from here are trolling articles about ongoing court
cases,

Mikey V. had it coming.

biker fatalities,

Mikey V's obsession.

off topic anti- semitism

Mr. Ed does *not* like Semitic Arabs (or other Muslims for that matter).

and hikers bitching
about cyclists assaulting them with deadly weapons.

No, the other way around.

I mean, maybe I need to set my killfile filter right or something, but
could someone please restore my faith in the human race and point me
towards a decent place where I can find something about an activity
which I have recently grown to love and enjoy immensely?

Not here anymore.

Most of the former regulars went here to escape Vandespam :
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?act=idx.

Thanks for listening.

Reading, actually.

Thanks for the reference- I'll head over there.
I thought this NG kind of had an abandoned look about it- almost as if
all of the original posters interested in mountain biking had given up.. ;-(- Hide quoted text -

Mountain bikers don't like to hear the truth about their selfish,
destructive, disgusting sport. That's why they left. They tried
censoring rec.bicycles.off-road, but bored themselves to death& *ended
up leaving that one, too.

Thanks for identifying yourself as the troll around here.
So anyway, I'll bite.(only because I haven't heard this viewpoint before
and I do like to keep myself informed)

What is it about mountain biking which makes you think it is selfish,
destructive and disgusting?
So far, the people I've met on the trails I've been using have been
friendly, chatty and a pleasure to meet, bicycle users and non-bicycle
users alike.

Do your homework: read my website.