Turn your bike into a statement piece with these 7 beautiful wall mounts

Old January 17th 16, 11:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Turn your bike into a statement piece with these 7 beautiful wall mounts

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/post/1372...-with-these-7/

"The wintry weather may be here, but that doesn't mean you have to hide your bike in the garage. Hang it up and turn it into a statement piece with these seven gorgeous wall mounts."

Cheers
Old January 17th 16, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 6:17:08 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/post/1372...-with-these-7/

"The wintry weather may be here, but that doesn't mean you have to hide your bike in the garage. Hang it up and turn it into a statement piece with these seven gorgeous wall mounts."

Cheers

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...wgDUgGJufGM%3A

BAH
Old January 18th 16, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Actually, cleaning the dog **** off it when the temp goes down to -10 ...in the living room.
..Yawl have a living room ?

Then Hang in the corridor between east n west wings...near the Brancussi or the Stellas ? StellI ?

My cyclocrossed frame on rear wheel...I'm guessing...is jambed against the wall in the western garage. The road Raleigh, intact, braces against the Rendezvous WW canoe near the Turner over in the eastern wing.

Hanging would conserve space if not improving the aesthetics.

I could use led spotlamps ?

Tomorrow's high is 66 n for the next two.

Stay warm..throw another Syrian on the fire ..

..
Old January 18th 16, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-01-17 03:17, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/post/1372...-with-these-7/

"The wintry weather may be here, but that doesn't mean you have to
hide your bike in the garage. Hang it up and turn it into a statement
piece with these seven gorgeous wall mounts."

What do I do with the mud drippings from my road bike onto the carpet,
like yesterday after I got soaked? Subaru considered that a badge of
honor in one of their ads but my wife sees that differently.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old January 18th 16, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 2016-01-17 03:17, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/post/1372...-with-these-7/

"The wintry weather may be here, but that doesn't mean you have to
hide your bike in the garage. Hang it up and turn it into a statement
piece with these seven gorgeous wall mounts."

What do I do with the mud drippings from my road bike onto the carpet,
like yesterday after I got soaked? Subaru considered that a badge of
honor in one of their ads but my wife sees that differently.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

GEEZE Joerg! Is there ANYTHING about bicycling that you DON'T cpmplain about?

Read the post again. It states that rather than storing your bike in the garage over the winter that you hang the bike instead. It's assumed that a) the bike is clean and b) that the bike isn't going to be ridden for awhile.

Sheesh!
Old January 18th 16, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-01-17 03:17, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
https://ca.style.yahoo.com/post/1372...-with-these-7/

"The wintry weather may be here, but that doesn't mean you have to
hide your bike in the garage. Hang it up and turn it into a
statement piece with these seven gorgeous wall mounts."

What do I do with the mud drippings from my road bike onto the
carpet, like yesterday after I got soaked? Subaru considered that a
badge of honor in one of their ads but my wife sees that
differently.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

GEEZE Joerg! Is there ANYTHING about bicycling that you DON'T
cpmplain about?

Yes, Trumer Pilsener. Had it in a pub along the trail yesterday so that
makes it cycling-related. Good stuff. So was the Uinta Hop Nosh IPA on
the previous ride. And yes, we sat outside.

Read the post again. It states that rather than storing your bike in
the garage over the winter that you hang the bike instead. It's
assumed that a) the bike is clean and b) that the bike isn't going to
be ridden for awhile.

Sheesh!

Whoever hangs the bike up all winter ain't a true cyclist :-)

Wot's a clean bike anyhow? To me this is relatively clean:

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy3.JPG

BTW, yesterday I found out that Nashbar Daytrekker panniers are not very
watertight. But no complaints there, otherwise those things are the best
cycling bags I ever had. And no rock holes in them (so far).

Old January 18th 16, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

WHADDYA MEAN 'STATEMENT' ? about what ?

duh like I appreciate the aesthetics but seriously hanging the bike on a wall ?

My bikes are functionally clean n lubricated but Pebble Beach itsnot.

the wall hanging bike thing is a big step off cleaning the bike.

https://goo.gl/6zZ3Ds

statements are on the road.

I doahn know anyone hanging their bike ... when I do I hope she has a hot tub
Old January 18th 16, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2016-01-18 12:28, wrote:
WHADDYA MEAN 'STATEMENT' ? about what ?

duh like I appreciate the aesthetics but seriously hanging the bike on a wall ?

My bikes are functionally clean n lubricated but Pebble Beach itsnot.

A wee drop of oil on a white carpet is really decorative.

the wall hanging bike thing is a big step off cleaning the bike.

https://goo.gl/6zZ3Ds

Alright! My kind of riding environment :-)

statements are on the road.

I doahn know anyone hanging their bike ... when I do I hope she has a hot tub

We have two bikes on garage hoists that pull them into the rafters.
Those are great. The pulley system is such that one does not need the
muscles of a bodybuilder.

Old January 18th 16, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2016-01-17 03:17, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Many riders in The Hell of Salt (various locations) stow the
clean bike for a few months every year and scum up the other
bike. I sure do.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 18th 16, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2016-01-17 03:17, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

a spare is luxurious