Commuter Shop Opens in San Francisco

Old February 9th 16, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Commuter Shop Opens in San Francisco

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:26:48 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/9/2016 11:28 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 9:05:45 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/8/2016 8:54 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 8:26:58 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
It's been around a few years, but I just learned about it because there
was an article in BRAIN about it.

http://www.marketstreetcycles.com/

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/videos/2014/04/advertisement-we-speak-jamis-market-street-cycles

"Steel is the appropriate material."

That's totally unreal! It's like a bike shop with Jamis bikes! Incroyable! What a find. I would have to walk more than a half-mile from my house to find a shop with Jamis bikes! http://www.burlingamebikes.com/jamis-bikes/

Hey, if you can pitch your shops, I can pitch mine.

But do _you_ get a commission? ;-)

I'm thinking of hitting them up for a t-shirt the next time I'm in the shop. http://www.burlingamebikes.com/wp-co...11/T-Shirt.jpg I think the new design will say "Portland" so we're not confused with the SF South Bay.

While we're at it, I was #AMAZED to find that there was this bicycle shop called Western Bikeworks in Portland. They have all sorts of stuff! https://www.westernbikeworks.com/ And they price match! I've never heard of price-matching before. You should go on line and order, and when you do, remember to type in the special code MONEY4JAY, which will get you free shipping on purchases over $75! I've never heard of free shipping! Awesome! I'm ordering my new flash deal BMC 015 Granfondo GF02 Carbon Tiagra Road Bike right now. https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...agra-road-bike Hurry! Only 3 left at that price!

-- Jay Beattie!

Do you have a Portland version of these colors?

http://www.onehellofaneye.com/wp-con...ngels-copy.jpg

http://thingsaboutportlandthatsuck.c...scooter-gangs/ Be scared.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 9th 16, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:27:00 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2016 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

In PDX, it's not about whether you can find commuting gear -- it's whether you can find artisanal, vegan, all long-staple cotton panniers hand-sewn by lesbian Buddhist monks. Those are so damned hard to find -- and really the only panniers worth owning.

You can find that stuff in Santa Cruz.

yeah but in Cruss it costs an arm n a leg.....in Potland they do it for nothing in the BK's parking lot.
Old February 9th 16, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Jay Beattie.

Bowie 1960 ?

https://goo.gl/INUlJa

Old February 9th 16, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 12:45:23 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:27:00 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2016 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

In PDX, it's not about whether you can find commuting gear -- it's whether you can find artisanal, vegan, all long-staple cotton panniers hand-sewn by lesbian Buddhist monks. Those are so damned hard to find -- and really the only panniers worth owning.

You can find that stuff in Santa Cruz.

yeah but in Cruss it costs an arm n a leg.....in Potland they do it for nothing in the BK's parking lot.

Well now aren't -we- well traveled!

Old February 9th 16, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3:51:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Jay Beattie.

Bowie 1960 ?

https://goo.gl/INUlJa

Mods wore grey suits n Healy caps ........
Old February 9th 16, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3:52:39 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 12:45:23 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:27:00 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2016 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

In PDX, it's not about whether you can find commuting gear -- it's whether you can find artisanal, vegan, all long-staple cotton panniers hand-sewn by lesbian Buddhist monks. Those are so damned hard to find -- and really the only panniers worth owning.

You can find that stuff in Santa Cruz.

yeah but in Cruss it costs an arm n a leg.....in Potland they do it for nothing in the BK's parking lot.

Well now aren't -we- well traveled!

FIND ANOTHER group if we're too fast for you ...

you'll never recover, time we get done unloading on you
Old February 9th 16, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 4:35:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3:52:39 PM UTC-5, Doug Landau wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 12:45:23 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:27:00 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2016 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

In PDX, it's not about whether you can find commuting gear -- it's whether you can find artisanal, vegan, all long-staple cotton panniers hand-sewn by lesbian Buddhist monks. Those are so damned hard to find -- and really the only panniers worth owning.

You can find that stuff in Santa Cruz.

yeah but in Cruss it costs an arm n a leg.....in Potland they do it for nothing in the BK's parking lot.

Well now aren't -we- well traveled!

FIND ANOTHER group if we're too fast for you ...

you'll never recover, time we get done unloading on you

found her photo...aid to education program

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f9865d3455.jpg
Old February 10th 16, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:54:00 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 8:26:58 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
It's been around a few years, but I just learned about it because there
was an article in BRAIN about it.

http://www.marketstreetcycles.com/

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/videos/2014/04/advertisement-we-speak-jamis-market-street-cycles

"Steel is the appropriate material."

That's totally unreal! It's like a bike shop with Jamis bikes! Incroyable! What a find. I would have to walk more than a half-mile from my house to find a shop with Jamis bikes! http://www.burlingamebikes.com/jamis-bikes/

Hey, if you can pitch your shops, I can pitch mine.

-- Jay Beattie.

Do you get a commission on your posts as the gorilla (or is that
guerrilla - one who fights by sabotage and harassment) marketers do?
Or just posting interesting information.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old February 10th 16, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 3:27:00 PM UTC, sms wrote:
On 2/9/2016 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

In PDX, it's not about whether you can find commuting gear -- it's whether you can find artisanal, vegan, all long-staple cotton panniers hand-sewn by lesbian Buddhist monks. Those are so damned hard to find -- and really the only panniers worth owning.

You can find that stuff in Santa Cruz.

Makes you realise how fortunate we Europeans are, being able to shop online directly from Germany, where the good stuff comes from.

Andre Jute
Old February 10th 16, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

SMS is a journalist

Another cycling cafe opens Alycidon UK 3 November 16th 15 07:49 PM
EU Opens First Job Centre in Africa Boycott Multiculturalism, Buy British! UK 0 September 27th 10 12:09 PM
Bike shop woes = need a better shop Sir Ridesalot Techniques 19 June 21st 07 03:51 PM
Bicycle Search Engine Opens Ryan Lanctot Rides 0 November 3rd 06 11:51 PM
PER: bike path re-opens DeF Australia 4 March 18th 06 01:39 AM