Nimbus X 24" vs. Yuni Freestyle 24"

Old November 30th 04, 04:18 AM
Phuni

Default Nimbus X 24" vs. Yuni Freestyle 24"

Hello to all...

I've been comparing a couple of unicycles and would appreciate any
advice. I intend to do some street riding, light off-road riding and
working on skills like idling. I own a Yuni 29er that I love, but need
something smaller as well.

The two I've been looking at are the Nimbus X 24-inch Freestyle Unicycle
(out of stock until Christmas 2004) at $179
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=755

and the Yuni 24-inch Freestyle with Hookworm Tire at $293
http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=647

I would probably go through my LBS which would bring down the price a
bit.

The Yuni I have seems to be really well-made. Can the same be said of a
Nimbus?

I'm 47 years old, about 200 lbs., and 5' 11".

Any opinions? Thanks for helping me out!

Phil
Indianapolis

--
Phuni - music / unicycling
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

Old December 1st 04, 12:20 AM
One on one

Yuni and Nimbus use the same frames. The difference in pricing is based
on the components installed on each unicycle. The Yuni has a few
different, name brand, components installed on it.

The Nimbus models are a really great deal. It has a CrMo wide flange hub
and a 48 spoke wheel which is very strong. The only thing that you may
consider at some point if you don't ride on gymnasium floors, is to get
different pedals. The plastic pedals tend to get slippery when wet.

I own the Nimbus Muni 24 and am extremely happy with it.

--
One on one - Hooked on fun fix

"I don't care who you are, that's funny!" Larry the Cable Guy
One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old December 1st 04, 01:00 AM
Phuni

That's good to know about the frames of Yuni and Nimbus. I would be
using the cycle during the winter months on a gym floor, but new pedals
would be a good idea.

Thanks for the advice, One on One!

Phil
Indianapolis

--
Phuni - music / unicycling
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

The ultimate freestyle unicycle... andrew_carter Unicycling 31 November 12th 08 05:37 AM
Nimbus II vs Yuni elmer Unicycling 4 January 20th 04 12:54 AM
newb unicyclist questions Rayden Unicycling 11 January 7th 04 03:52 PM
GB4 20 Inch Freestyle Mojoe Unicycling 3 December 7th 03 05:55 AM