Bloody hell, wot's the go here??!!

Old July 3rd 11, 10:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Bloody hell, wot's the go here??!!

Coming back from Balmain this arvo, I noticed a whole heap of folks
cycling about in the city. Anyone would think Sydney is a bike friendly
city.

In fact during the week, I was minding my own business cycling down
George Street, headed towards Railway Square, in the City and some
cyclist comes up beside me in the lane I was in and starts looking like
he intended to get to Railway Square before me. I looked ahead and there
were another 4 cyclists in front of me at the NEXT set of lights in the
OUTSIDE lane in George Street. Now they were not doing anything wrong
cos the two inside lanes were full of cars and buses and only the lane
furthest from the curb, i.e. towards the middle of George Street was
clear and that also happened to be the lane I was in (there were no cars
behind me so I wasn't holding nobody up - it was just a quirk of the
traffic lighting system I think).

I did try to catch them to ask them what the deal was but unfortunately,
they just pulled away from me as soon as the lights went green.

If cyclists continue to use the roadways around the Sydney CBD like
those fellows ahead of me were, Clover Moore might not need to build any
cycleways
Old July 3rd 11, 10:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

On 3/07/2011 19:36, Geoff Lock wrote:
[...]

Alan Jones assures me this is all a communist plot and they are in fact
robots supplied by the troublemakers led by Clover Moore!

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old July 4th 11, 02:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 4/07/2011 7:21 AM, Jack Russell wrote:
On 3/07/2011 19:36, Geoff Lock wrote:

If cyclists continue to use the roadways around the Sydney CBD like
those fellows ahead of me were, Clover Moore might not need to build any
cycleways

Alan Jones assures me this is all a communist plot and they are in fact
robots supplied by the troublemakers led by Clover Moore!

Didn't Alan Jones imply that Clover Moore should have planned for 2000km
of cycleways in and around the Sydney CBD instead of the paltry rubbishy
200kms she had slated? Or was that a rumour I tried to start in an
earlier post last week?