Selling off my first uni

Old September 6th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hell-on-wheel

Default Selling off my first uni

I'm finally selling the unicycle I learned to ride on, a 70's era
Schwinn, 24". I bought it at a Pawn Shop for $15, way back in March
2000. Took me a week to learn the basics, practicing about 3 hours a
day. It was soon replaced by a Savage (bad choice) and increasingly
higher-end unis as the years went by.

It's of little practical use to me, weighs a ton, painful seat, and
cottered cranks, but the sentimental value has kept it in my collection
- until now. I saw a local want ad on craigslist from an art student
who wants to learn for a performance piece. How can I withhold from a
perspective convert? And it's still got some miles left in it (though
I'm pretty sure the tire is original - it actually says "UNICYCLE" on
it!).

Anyone else still holding on to their first unicycle for sentimental
reasons?
'picture' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=283864)

--
hell-on-wheel

"...or the confluence of rare meteorological phenomena."
-George Peck
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425