eBay: Campagnolo Gran Sport rear derailleur (1951)

Old October 20th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Ted[_3_]

Default eBay: Campagnolo Gran Sport rear derailleur (1951)

http://snipr.com/derailleur

Old October 20th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Hank Wirtz

On Oct 20, 9:15 am,
(Ted) wrote:
http://snipr.com/derailleur

That's just nutty.

Old October 20th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc

On Oct 20, 12:29 pm, Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:15 am,

(Ted) wrote:
http://snipr.com/derailleur

That's just nutty.

"Nutty" would be selling one for less than the market will bear.

Or, here's ten bucks, send me yours. Thanks! --D-y

Old October 20th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Hank Wirtz

(Ted) wrote:
http://snipr.com/derailleur

That's just nutty.

"Nutty" would be selling one for less than the market will bear.

Or, here's ten bucks, send me yours. Thanks! --D-y

I don't think the seller is nutty. The minimum bid was $1. I think the
two bidders who want it that bad are nutty.

Old October 20th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman

(Ted) wrote:
http://snipr.com/derailleur
That's just nutty.

"Nutty" would be selling one for less than the market will bear.

Or, here's ten bucks, send me yours. Thanks! --D-y

I am sure one could find something with better shifting (e.g. recent
vintage Shimano) for $10 on the used market than the Campy Gran Sport.

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!
Old October 20th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:45:12 -0700, Hank Wirtz
wrote:

(Ted) wrote:
http://snipr.com/derailleur

That's just nutty.

"Nutty" would be selling one for less than the market will bear.

Or, here's ten bucks, send me yours. Thanks! --D-y

I don't think the seller is nutty. The minimum bid was $1. I think the
two bidders who want it that bad are nutty.

Dear Hank,

There were also bidders who stopped (so far) at $150, $800, $1800, and
$2200. The box is being auctioned separately.

But they're not nutty, just richer than we are.

If you've got millions of dollars and an interest in 1950's bike parts
that you'd never ride, ten grand doesn't mean much. You can't do
anything with money except give it to someone else to get something
that you want.

If you've got tons of money, why not buy anything that strikes your
fancy? Part of the fun is probably the thrill of the chase, so you
have to find something that attracts a foe worthy of your steel.

It's no nuttier than collecting useless stamps that originally cost a
penny, magazines that once cost a dime, tame Victorian pornography
lacking even illustrations, badly designed firewarms for which
ammunition is not available, old wine bottles that may be merely
forged labels, vintage glass telegraph wire insulators, foot-long
samples of rare barb-wire, et cetera.

Of course, silver cow-creamers are quite different. You can always use
them for serving dessert and coffee, swap them for a good cook, or
even build a plot around one:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Z5MDQ...136811-0867045

And you could do worse than collect different editions of . . .

http://wodehouse.ru/59.htm

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old October 20th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Paul Cassel

Hank Wirtz wrote:

Or, here's ten bucks, send me yours. Thanks! --D-y

I don't think the seller is nutty. The minimum bid was $1. I think the
two bidders who want it that bad are nutty.

Probably missed out on the Rush Limbaugh Letter.
Old October 20th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
A Muzi

Paul Cassel wrote:
Probably missed out on the Rush Limbaugh Letter.

In what sport did he letter?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old October 20th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman

Andrew Muzi mused:

Paul Cassel wrote:
Probably missed out on the Rush Limbaugh Letter.

In what sport did he letter?

Draft dodging.

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!
Old October 21st 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Kunich

Andrew Muzi mused:

Paul Cassel wrote:
Probably missed out on the Rush Limbaugh Letter.

In what sport did he letter?

Draft dodging.

What service did you serve in?